What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning filters  (Read 3852 times)

seajay

Cleaning filters
« on: May 30, 2004, 09:43:40 am »
I have seen that all spa manufactures market their own filter cleaning chems. There are also some chemical companies that sell filter cleaners and I have read that you can use some off  of the grocery store shelf cleaners, ie. cascade dish washer detergent. What is the best or most common way to clean your filters without ruining them? :-/
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning filters
« on: May 30, 2004, 09:43:40 am »

Tubber

Re: Cleaning filters
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 11:23:41 am »
Filter cleaner made for filters follow the direction on the bottle. Some say you can clean your filters in a dishwasher. Thats just plain nasty considering where they are coming from then your going to dishes in that machine afterwards.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:12:24 pm »
One thing I will add, some pool/spa dealers will sell the same product for cleaning poor and spa filter cleaners. I have found that if you use pool filter cleaner that you have rinse the bejeebers out of the filter after cleaning it or the left over cleaner will foam up when you use it.

I've taked to just soaking in a bleach water mixture and then rinsing with a strong hose.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 12:13:15 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 12:54:58 pm »
Personally, I prefer that my customers dont get too fancy with cleaning filters, rather that they just do it regularly- Once or twice a month depending on filter cartridge size.

Using a regular garden nozzle working from top to bottom, spray the pleats clean. Dont use a pressure washer.

TSP (trisodium phosphate) rather than bleach is a better household filter soak- Cascade dishwashing crystals are also acceptable... as Wmccall has indicated, you need to rinse them out really really well.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 05:07:35 pm »
No matter which chemicals you use consider using a filter canister to soak the filter in.  It generally comes with a brush which you can operate to swirl the filter in the cleaning liquid. The canisters are narrow and high which use much less water and cleaning chemicals (about 50% less) to do the job than a bucket or pail would.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:16:06 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 05:07:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42