What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Real word on Jacuzzi Spas  (Read 12590 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Real word on Jacuzzi Spas
« on: May 12, 2004, 06:16:43 pm »
Well just got off the phone with jacuzzi tech surport and they told me that USI Inc bought Jacuzzi and Sundance awhile ago.Both brands are made in the same factory and the Pumps are made by Jacuzzi and not Sundance.The Circuit Boards are made by Sundance.And with the new jets on the Jacuzzi's they will match the sundances.So really USI bought both brands and hope all the good people on the board don't listen to most of the bad press everyones giving Jacuzzi or better yet call their Tech Department if you have any questions.johnny Thunders :o

Hot Tub Forum

Real word on Jacuzzi Spas
« on: May 12, 2004, 06:16:43 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Real word on Jacuzzi Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 06:27:43 pm »
Partially correct information. The rest of the story... Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath, the original Jacuzzi, bought out U.S. Industries, and now everything is under the umbrella of Jacuzzi Worldwide Companies. The pumps are not Jacuzzi brand pumps. Just open up the cabinet and look. You want I should post some photos. I have evidence via digital photos of the Sundance equipment on Jacuzzi spas, just ask.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:37:13 pm »
Well you are right USI bought both brands and changed their name to Jacuzzi,When i get my Jacuzzi i will look in and see who makes the pumps.Like I told tech surport to me it does not matter who makes the pumps Sundance or Jacuzzi because I know both are well known names..And Jacuzzi Jets are Different then last years so there has to be a better difference in the Jets.I even asked him about Blue Ridge Spas and he said they were very CHEAP and would not want to buy one lol...Johnny Thunders :P

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 11:27:53 pm »
Jacuzzi bought sundance. Jacuzzi did have USI as it's name a while back. In 2003 Jacuzzi decided to take advantage of the name and (FORMALLY) changed the name of tghe company to Jacuzzi. The jets for 2004 are "slightly" different that in 2003(not a real big deal). The new jets are easier to replace. The pumps DO now say Sundance on them. I have no idea WHY. They may well be original Jacuzzi pumps with simply a new badge on them. Again, I have NO idea why they would do this. My J370 is an early 2003. It's pumps DO say "Jacuzzi" on them. It's 100% possible that they are actually sundance pumps with Jacuzzi labeling. I really am not certain at this point. Jacuzzi is still a good, competitive brand IMHO but there are others you should also consider (Hot Springs (all variations), Master, Beachcomber, Bull Frog, Marquis)...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 01:38:35 pm »
Well, unfortunatly, it does mater what pumps they use. Sundance spas do not have "MaxPowerProŽ" Jets. These are the VERY large jets you find in the Jacuzzi premium spas. The pumps Sundance uses do not have the high flow of water the Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath pumps did, and cannot operate all of the jets all of the time with respectable performance due to their lack of the higher water flow, causing you to HAVE to divert water to those jets ALONE to get any real performance.

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 02:13:30 pm »
Wisoki,
What brand are you selling now?
Chris H.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
WisobunkaRe: Real word on Jacuzzi Spas
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 08:31:50 pm »
Yea i know he sounds like a real salesperson trying to put down the Jacuzzi Brand.Ndabunker hit the nail on the head that the Pumps say jacuzzi and tech Department said they are also Jacuzzi pumps and not Sundance.And if they do say sundance it might still be a jacuzzi pump because they are both made at the same building.I am sure there are many good brands out there and many dealers don't want to discount their spas.So I sad screw them and got a J-355 for $5995.I did not like the people selling Sundances trying to put Jacuzzi down just like Wisoki does and the other stores with their no name brands priced at $6000 plus for their spas.Johnny Thunders ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 09:06:14 pm »
to be fair Wisoki is a salesman and up front about it...If I understand correctly was a Jacuzz dealer for over 10 years....I think he is only trying to share his hands on experince with them....

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
putting the productsRe: Real word on Jacuzzi Spas
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 09:25:30 pm »
Sounds like he should get over whatever his problems are.Jacuzzi is different then when he might have been selling them.Sounds like hes got a problem and i see many people on here that love their Jacuzzi"s and he's putting their products down.I hated Mitsubishi Cars and still would not buy one but then again millions love their Mitsubishi's.Johnny Thunders

Roborph

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 09:49:44 pm »
I love my J-370 (purchased last november). Next chance I get, I'll check the pumps and let everyone know.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 10:10:23 pm »
I am and i am sure most of us are very happy that you love your Jacuzzi.please let us know what pumps you have.Even if it says Sundance its really a Jacuzzi with a Sundance name on it....Johnny Thunders

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 11:01:50 pm »
Jacuzzi Premium is built by Sundance which is owned by Jacuzzi Brands Inc.  The pumps are the same for both which I believe are built by sundance, though I don't know who manufactures the wet end for them.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 12:05:47 am »
It was only in the last month or so that he may have stopped selling them....I am sure he will let you know if you ask....I was only trying to give you a little bit of backround on him...I only know about him from what I have read here.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re:  putting the productsRe: Real word on Jacuzzi
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 08:02:02 am »
Sounds like he should get over whatever his problems are.Jacuzzi is different then when he might have been selling them.Sounds like hes got a problem and i see many people on here that love their Jacuzzi"s and he's putting their products down.I hated Mitsubishi Cars and still would not buy one but then again millions love their Mitsubishi's.Johnny Thunders

Yes, Jacuzzi is different.  He only dropped the line in the last few months.

Wisoki is a very helpful person on this board, and I hate that you sound so defensive.  Wisoki is only trying to tell you his experience.  When I was looking for a spa last summer, he helped with the Jacuzzi questions I had.  He didn't bash any one else's product, and was quite happy that I purchased the spa that was right for me (not a Jacuzzi or Sundance).  I give his words credence.  He was loyal to Jacuzzi for a long time.  I would guess, if you bought your tub last year, the pumps will be Jacuzzi pumps.

Personally, I floated out of the Jacuzzi, then a week later, the dealer went under.  Don't have the brand in my area at this time.

Just know, Wisoki is a helpful member here.  Don't bash him.  He has opinions, just like you, just like me!

Yes, lots of people like lots of brands!  Personal preference!!!  That is what makes life fun!  Don't you think?

Just my thoughts!

Congratulations on your Jacuzzi.  May you have always have hot and bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
Thank Lori & Mendocino 101, Both of your comments are appreciated and true. In efect, I am still a Jacuzzi Premium dealer, since I still have about 9 or 10 of their tubs left to sell. Unfortunatly, JPS isn't going to buy them back. As we speak my new line is being prepared for shipping. I told chaz and a few others on another board that I was going with coleman. Well, after meeting with their eastern US sales "manager" I changed my mind. Had the spas ordered, dealer number, and p.o.p. showroom stuff all in place and ready to go. I had to cancel the order and send all this stuff back. To answer Chris H's question,  I am waiting on my Catalina spas to arrive. These spas, Catalina, have a LOT of great features and I think we are going to have a LOT of fun selling them. I looked at Beachcomber, Arctic, Coast (hehe), Diamante and a few others. Ultimatly it came down to what I thought was a great product being presented to me be an individual that I liked.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42