What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: inherited a Jacuzzi spa with new home. a few questions...  (Read 4123 times)

44blues

inherited a Jacuzzi spa with new home. a few questions...
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »
Hi all

we recently bought a house in Akron Ohio area and it came with a Jacuzzi 400 series spa. I think it's at least 6 years old. The realtor wasn't sure. I've never owned a spa, but so far so good. The seller left us some extra chemicals/supplies etc. I'm using a nature2, chlorine free chemical cartridge with a chlorine free shock and a PH buffer/increaser. The water quality seems to be consistent, clear and odor free. My wife and I are the only ones who use it.

Two questions.... we are leaving town for 12 days or so and don't have anyone to check on it. Is there anything I should do before leaving to make sure it's ok over this period? Add some chlorine?(which I'm not using)

Also, the spa gets a lot of mid/ late day sun which raises the water temp above where it's set, so I've noticed the circ pump and water fall shuts off until the temp drops again. Is this a problem? There are really no other options on the property due to privacy. Plus I'd have to pour a new pad for it to sit on etc if I wanted to move it.

I appreciate any info with this. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:05:28 pm by mtnsurf20 »

Hot Tub Forum

inherited a Jacuzzi spa with new home. a few questions...
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: inherited a Jacuzzi spa with new home. a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:23 pm »
 Nature 2 is not really a no a chlorine free product, you should be adding some in there at least once a week. Before you go throw a cap full of chlorine in there even though you are not using it.  (chlorine that is) 

44blues

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:49 am »
Thanks for the info. I'll pick some chlorine up.

I guess there's nothing I can do for the temp problem aside from planting a few shade trees

smackman

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:29 pm »
Hi all

we recently bought a house in Akron Ohio area and it came with a Jacuzzi 400 series spa. I think it's at least 6 years old. The realtor wasn't sure. I've never owned a spa, but so far so good. The seller left us some extra chemicals/supplies etc. I'm using a nature2, chlorine free chemical cartridge with a chlorine free shock and a PH buffer/increaser. The water quality seems to be consistent, clear and odor free. My wife and I are the only ones who use it.

Two questions.... we are leaving town for 12 days or so and don't have anyone to check on it. Is there anything I should do before leaving to make sure it's ok over this period? Add some chlorine?(which I'm not using)

Also, the spa gets a lot of mid/ late day sun which raises the water temp above where it's set, so I've noticed the circ pump and water fall shuts off until the temp drops again. Is this a problem? There are really no other options on the property due to privacy. Plus I'd have to pour a new pad for it to sit on etc if I wanted to move it.

I appreciate any info with this. Thanks :)

My 400 series Jacuzzi has whats called Summer Logic. When the spa temp. is 2 degrees above a set point of 95, My circulation pump will only run the programmed 2 hours. Summer Logic only becomes a issue at 95 degrees and above.

My Jacuzzi 465 is a 2010 model so we may be different. I get around the summer logic by keeping the set point at the temp. it is. If my spa is at 97 degrees, I put my setpoint at 97. Now ,I live in the south but I have a cover and I am under a 3 inch thick Aluminum panel roof Patio cover so the Hot sun does not cause a temp. runaway which I believe is the reason for summer logic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42