What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what do you like most about you spa  (Read 7204 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
what do you like most about you spa
« on: May 26, 2004, 04:10:14 am »
Hello All...

I was just wondering...What is it that you most enjoy about your spa...is it the time you spend with family and friends or by yourself... Is it simply the way it makes you feel...being outdoors under the stars…what does it for you…did anything also surprise you about your tub...anyone enjoying theirs more than you thought you would...anyone less..?...The brand is not important but if you feel like listing it and why you choose it.... great.... hope to hear from some folks.... :D

Hot Tub Forum

what do you like most about you spa
« on: May 26, 2004, 04:10:14 am »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: what do you like most about you spa
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 05:11:53 am »
Hello All...

I was just wondering...What is it that you most enjoy about your spa...is it the time you spend with family and friends or by yourself... Is it simply the way it makes you feel...being outdoors under the stars…what does it for you…did anything also surprise you about your tub...anyone enjoying theirs more than you thought you would...anyone less..?...The brand is not important but if you feel like listing it and why you choose it.... great.... hope to hear from some folks.... :D

Our Hot Tub is a place away from, computers, television, politics, news, and all the other distractions in daily life.

For me it is a place to go to relax and recharge and get rid of the days stress.  I often just like to soak in the warm soothing water, no jets.

Or if I have a sore back or aching feet I indulge in my jet therapy for twenty minutes and then go back to just hydrotherapy.

The best time for me is very late at night just before bed.  Then I sleep like a baby.

The only lights I have on is the LED multicoloured light show, it is like another world.

Depending on my mood I will have a favourite CD playing.

A truly great outdoor experience available all year round, rain, shine, sleet or snow, day or night it doesn't matter.

When you have someone in the tub with you, you can have a one on one conversation without distractions.  A really great place to get to know your Wife, Friend, Lover. . .

I guess I should thank the Romans, or maybe the Chinese.

A marriage of ancient tradition using today’s modern technologies.

I have owned lots of toys, ie; boats, RV's etc, but this is the very best investment for pure relaxation and enjoyment.  Total privacy, and just ten feet from my house!

We only live once and I would not have wanted to miss this Experience.

Simply the BEST!

Regards, Zz
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:47:33 am by ZzTop »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 05:12:32 am »
I met someone in my tub I haven't seen in a while..........my wife. Also I love what it does to my decks and yard landscaping.
Retired

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 05:20:28 am »
What a great question! I love knowingi I can depnd on my Spa!!  My life is full of stress. My Spa is always hot and ready for me. Last night May25th as I was sitting in my Spa, the rain turned to sleet and the sleet turned to snow spahappy

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 07:33:45 am »
I absolutely could not be without a spa!  Period!

I almost always turn the jets on first thing because my neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands are all aching.  After sitting in all seats and getting a total workout of my sore spots, I'll turn the jets off and just listen to the world.  I live in town, but have been really surprised at the serenity I achieve while in my tub.

I have been pleasantly surprised at the ease of upkeep (for the most part) of water chemistry.  Water changes haven't really been that bad, the worst thing that happens is the weather doesn't always cooperate at convenient times.  Oh well, can't do anything about Mother Nature.

Occasionally, I will take a cd player and listen to some music.

I had to dig out my suit the other day, though.  Since we had the hail storm, every house (including mine) has to have a new roof.  So, have to be aware of where they are working today...LOL!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:10:39 am »
It's great for get together's, and for just loosing yourself from the world for a short while.  Best leisure dollars I've ever spent.  

Funny, how after you buy one of these things, the brand you bought, the price you paid, and all those nagging little details that seemed so important before the purchase are absolutely forgotten.  
Brewman
Brewman

Roborph

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 10:19:12 am »
Ditto the brewman! I can empty my brain or focus on a subject while I soak. I can bond with my children and wife or entertain some friends......

Goody

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 10:34:44 am »
Dito Roborph and Brewman. The therapy is great but the new found social time spent with the family, AWAY FROM THE TV, is priceless. Also I can't believe all the agonizing I did over which brand and how to set it up and the costs. Now that its here all is great and I am "Livin the Dream". ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 11:05:54 am »
Looking at this thread, I'd say "all of the above" ;)
Spa Happy where are you that you had to deal with snow?  I've had to turn the AC on already, I usually hold off till mid June.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 10:04:27 pm »
The best way to answer this most excellent question would be to encapsulate all of he above into one poetic verse.

the question in and of itelf is almost unanswerable given that every day is a new experience producing a new felling.

Wow!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 01:03:01 am »
I met someone in my tub I haven't seen in a while..........my wife. Also I love what it does to my decks and yard landscaping.

Great comment!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:40 pm »
I'm a soaker most of the time - silently enjoying the night sky, listening to my daughter tell me about her world: totally priceless!

BTW - I'm not going to get a recliner next time: we don't use it.   ;)

Sometimes I go for all the waterfalls, light show and sound, but mostly I just soak.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 12:25:04 pm »
I can empty my brain

Some people can't appreciate how beneficial, or at least relaxing that can be.  That is probably why I'm a fan of a lot, but not all reality tv.   As far as what I enjoy about my spa, for the most part following this thread,  all of the above.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 12:29:25 pm »
I'm a soaker most of the time - silently enjoying the night sky, listening to my daughter tell me about her world: totally priceless!

A big Amen for that one!   Mine's 20 now and really does have an interesting life, but just doesn't realize it. I'd love to combine our knowledge and have a father/daughter "Who wants to be a millionaire " team.

And being an amatuer astronomer, I also agree with the other part of that sentence.  We completely agree, you must be brilliant.

But I will have to say with some of the arguments over insulation types, enzymes and what not, we all have something to agree about here.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 12:22:47 am »
I was going to respond to this but there's no way I could articulate it as well as most did here.

All of the above. Great answers people!

A time to reflect and spend time with the ones that make a difference in our lives and whom we couldn't live without! Go in a pessimist and come out an optimist. What could be a better investment?

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 12:22:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42