What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adventure Spas  (Read 5742 times)

Stehanie_D

Adventure Spas
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:16:26 pm »
 >:(   Adventure Spas has had our money for 11 weeks and no spa!!! We were given an 8 week window in our contract and now can't get calls returned!!! Think twice before saving money factory direct if you are buying from the internet!!! Bill Becker has not even given us the courtesy of one returned call. So far we have filed a complaint with the BBB in hopes of getting our money back!! Buyer Beware!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Adventure Spas
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:16:26 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Adventure Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:25:48 pm »
One very big positive of having a local dealer.  At least then you can complain in front of someone.
Good luck with your quest.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:56:53 pm »
I sincerely hope you can get a refund.  Or at least get your spa.  
I don't suppose you used a credit card to pay.  At least they'd help get your money back.  
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 05:37:23 pm »
You've filed the complaint with the BBB but have you contacted your CC company (assuming you used a CC of course)?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 08:14:01 pm »
Unfortunately, what most consumers don't realize is that the BBB works for businesses not consumers.  I would suggest contatcting your states attorney general.  If you live in the great state of new york you'll be in luck, b/c elliot spitzer is one of the best, and I'll gaurentee you that you'll get your money back.  Usually the attorney general will be able to use the interstate commerce act to your advantage.  It might take a while, but that'll be your best avenue.  Also keep in mind that most credit card companies nowadays will simply tell you to speak with the party that you have the credit dispute with, especially if it is a bank issued credit card.  I know, b/c I had a dispute on a charge that showed up on my statement that I never made, and my bank told me to talk to the company i had the disputed charge with.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 09:13:54 pm »
Stephanie.

Have you though about the media? If you have a media personality (especially TV) that goes after companies that don't owe up to their end of a contract it could help you.  

A firend of mine also had a challenge a little while ago (in Halifax, Nova Scotia) and he called the company and told them that if they did not do produce he would take out a full page ad in the newspaper trashing their company.  5 days later, problem solved. This might be a little more riskier liability wise, but hey who knows right.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 10:37:38 am »
Another good reason to buy local. Adventure is not even factory direct, they are rebranded Clear Water spas from Washington state. They are just a dealer in Jersey slapping their name on them and trying to take atvantage of the internet.

Good Luck!

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 12:34:42 pm »
You've already been given some good advice, please do come back and let us know how it goes.  Lots of poeple come here and search the archives.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:36:53 pm »
Unfortunately, what most consumers don't realize is that the BBB works for businesses not consumers.  .

I believe you are correct for the most part, and your advice about using the state Attorney General, is an excellent one, its not a waste of time going to the BBB. Whenever I do call them about a company, they give a stat about the number of complaints they resolve.  That information has stopped me from making some purchases in the past.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 01:36:36 pm »
Here is an e-mail address for Hank at Adventure, try him and see where you get. Seems like a decent guy.

hank@AdventureSpas.com

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 01:36:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42