What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Shell Color  (Read 7871 times)

spayogi

Spa Shell Color
« on: May 26, 2004, 09:37:19 pm »
After alot of research and wet testing, my wife and I have decided on a Tiger River Bengal. Last decision is what shell color to order. Our choices of colors are Blue, Jade, and Sand. The Bengal has a dimable blue light. Which shell color do you recommend to take advantage of light at night, ease of maintenance, etc.?
Vote for Blue, Jade, or Sand!
THANKS!!

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Shell Color
« on: May 26, 2004, 09:37:19 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Spa Shell Color
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:43:51 pm »
Light colours always show up better, so I would go witht the Sand.

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 11:07:14 pm »
We just got a Bengal also. It is in the blue color with blue light  witch shows nicley when its dark.  We love our Bengal :D .I know you will to, Smart choice
Brad

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 11:17:06 pm »
The sand color will show the light best since its lightest in color of the 3.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 11:45:18 pm »
I agree that the light colors show the lights the best....but I really like the blue on blue.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 07:06:33 am »
Our spa (Different Brand) has the sandy beige color, and the lighting is nice.  We have a led light that constantly changes color.
Brewman
Brewman

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 01:52:17 am »
Color of the Tub.  The white colors reflect the light at night best however shows the most dirt,  A Tub with a rough textured surface does not show scratches, smooth surfaces will show scratches,  the darker colors wear well, your choice.  

You might consider the new LED lighting which is very energy efficient.  You can get a light show of changing colors which is very impressive at night.  Lighter tub colors can use fewer bulbs than dark.  That is 7 for light colors and 22-24 for dark tubs.

You can install this type of lighting yourself and you will find it is much cheaper than what most hot tub dealers are asking for it factory installed.

Here are some links regarding LED lighting option.

http://www.spapartsdepot.com/cgi-bin/cshop/spaparts/color-glo.tam

http://www.hottubessentials.ca/mood_light_LED.asp

You must have a light switch on your tub that does not have a dimmer, just on and off.

Email an enquiry to the seller with the make, model and year of your Hot tub to make sure it is compatible before ordering.

Happy Tubbing,

Regards, Zz

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:49:12 am by ZzTop »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 07:17:58 am »
I've been told that the platinum finishes are particularly striking with the LED lights.
Brewman
Brewman

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:03:15 pm »
Buy what ever the dealer has in stock and ask for a discount for selecting from inventory. Color should have no bearing on your spa buying decision. Since the cover is on 95% of the time, what you see is going to be the cover and cabinet. If earth tones match your house, get the brownish redwood look. If gray is more fitting, get the gray cabinet and cover. It realy doesnt matter what color the spa is. Most users are in the spa in the evening hours any how. Even if you have a platinum shell you aren't going to sit in your hot tub thinking to yourself: "I sure am glad we got this color tub, look how pretty the lights are!" More likely it'll be: "Ahhh, honey turn those dang lights off so I can see the prettiest lights of all, the ones God created, the stars."
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 12:42:13 pm »
 A Tub with a rough textured surface does not show scratches, smooth surfaces will show scratches,  the darker colors wear well, your choice.  

This was our logic in choosing the "moonscape" textured surface.  

Though, I sure liked the look of other smooth surface tubs I have seen in the showrooms.  For those of you who have had smooth surfaces for a few years, do you have scratches?  Where do they come from?  People's jewerly or maybe from hoses?   Just wondering...
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 12:42:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42