What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2 questions  (Read 13221 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Nature 2 questions
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:20:34 pm »
I'm comfortable enough in my water care routine after 14 months of spa ownership to feel that if I now give Nature2 a try I might be able to see the benefits.

(I use Dichlor with occasional MPS)

First question, who manufactures it and do they have a website so I can read their information?  

Next, it looks like your supposed to insert in inside your filter(s)  I don't think that will be possible with my design.  I'm guessing the idea of putting it in the filter is to  ensure water flow over the product.   My system has two filters and a basket inside the filter compartment to keep out the really big things.  Is it effective to just place the cartridge in this basket?  The skimmer door should keep the product in the filter compartment. ( I assume it doesn't float.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 04:18:32 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2 questions
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:20:34 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Nature 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:10:00 pm »
1) The N2 cartridges are made by Zodiac. If you read on their site that you can go with N2 and use no chlorine, don't believe it. You still will need to add a bit of chlorine. Those that try the chlorine free way inevitably have to use chlorine when their water ends up getting murky.

2) Typically you put the N2 cartridge inside the filter or the filter standpipe but if that's not feasible many do just place it in the filter basket as long as you can do so without it interfering with the basket's ability to skim.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tubin

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 05:33:10 pm »
i am opposite, i started using a similiar product to nature 2, (monarch silver cartridge) and i still use mps and chlorine...i am really questioning how well it really works, as mine cost 40 dollars a pop.  they last 4 months, but chlorine isn't that expensive for 4 months and i am basically keeping standard levels in my spa now...so i am going to go without the silver cartridge when i hit the 4 month mark and see if there is a difference.  

i am sure it helps some, but i wonder if it is worth 120 dollars a year!

anyone else try with and without a mineral/silver cartridge and see a big difference?

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 05:50:57 pm »
I think these products are a scam. Maintain your spa the spa way without it and see what happens, nothing.

If you have a spa with a good ozone system do yourself a favor and save your the few nickels for something else.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 07:07:53 pm »
The N2 cartridge (same as Monarch) is not a scam IMO but it is secondary to the sanitizer much as the ozone unit is. A price of $40 per is very steep though, as I've seen it at other places for much less at places like Dr Spa, spapartsdepot.com, poolandspas.com, etc.

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 08:48:41 pm »
nature 2 and the Monarch cartridge are the same thing.  Monarch is just branded for Caldera.  Zodiac also makes D-1's Vision cartridge.  nature 2 reduces the amount of dichlor you need to use in your spa on a regular basis.  it also makes the water feel softer, and it is also easier on your skin then chlorine/bromine.  You can get by using just mps and the nature 2 IF AND ONLY IF you have 24 HR ozonation and shock after every use with MPS.  Now if your spa frequently has high bather loads (greater then 2) you will have to shock with dichlor as it is a stronger oxidizer then mps is.  MPS is simply an oxidizer (think booster shot for your spa), where as Dichlor is both an oxidizer(when raised to levels above 8ppm) and a sanitizer.  that's the difference.  Hope this helps.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 and Caldera dealer

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 12:54:05 am »
Jason-
            I've got a question for you.  I recently bought a chairman II.  I filled it up for the first time last week.  I checked the PH with the test strips and the PH and Alkalinity was high from the start.  I've been adding a cap full a day since and finally today it looks like its getting close.  Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?  Also when they delivered the spa they told me to add some stain and scale remover to the water, and not to put the vision cartridge in for 4 days.  I forgot to put the stain and scale remover in for 2 days, so I didn't put the vision cartridge in till about 6 days arter fill up.  The shock they gave me is the SPA Essentials Spa shock Xtra.  Is this the right stuff, and how much and often do I use it?  Also does the vision cartridge go on top of the filter on the right if your standing above it?  Is there anything else I need to get to get my PH, ALK, and chlorine levels right?  Thanks in advance for your help.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 07:36:25 am »
 The shock they gave me is the SPA Essentials Spa shock Xtra.  Is this the right stuff, and how much and often do I use it?  

In this case, this is dichlor in a lower concentration that most dichlor's you can buy.   The label just lists "other ingredients" as about 50% of the contents. But the description lists those other contents that are suppose to cling to dirt and grime in the spa and help it get filtered out.   I pour in about 2 ounces every other Friday night on weekends where I plan on changing the filters.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 07:40:36 am »
wmccall,

I doing the opposite.  I was using the Zodiac product Freshwater III ag+ cartridge (same as N2).  I used it for 6 months, but since my dealer quit selling spas and my nearest HS dealer is in Stillwater (OSU home), I think I will try without it.  I have been adding more chlorine, but only 1 tsp. average more and things seem fine.  Just changed my water at the beginning of May, so time will tell.

I'll let you know.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Roborph

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 10:14:58 am »
Hey,
 I've been using n2, ozone and dichlor. I heard you need to use some mps to  "activate" the n2 cartridge. Is this true?
      Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 01:52:20 pm »
Some people try (unsuccessfully IMO) to use N2 with MPS only in their weekly routine (no dichlor). The directions tell them on start up they need to add some DICHLOR to activate the N2 cartridge, not MPS to activate it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 02:33:01 pm »
wmccall,

I used it for 6 months, but since my dealer quit selling spas and my nearest HS dealer is in Stillwater (OSU home), .

No, No, No, OSU's home is in Columbus!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 02:36:37 pm »
2) Typically you put the N2 cartridge inside the filter or the filter standpipe but if that's not feasible many do just place it in the filter basket as long as you can do so without it interfering with the basket's ability to skim.

Maybe it will help when I see it, but I had fears of putting it in the standpipe and not being able to get it back out, the same with putting it in the filter.

I'll order one soon and see what happens.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 04:18:59 pm »
It comes with a couple extentions so you can keep it high enough so you can get at it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 04:19:44 pm »
It comes with a couple extentions so you can keep it high enough so you can get at it.

Thanks for that reassurance.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 04:19:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42