What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying a hot tub from someone who also sells pools? Good or bad?  (Read 3995 times)

1985forever

Would anyone like to point out the pros and cons of buying a hot tub from a dealer who also sells pools and leisure equipment, vs. a dealer who only deals in spas? 

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Buying a hot tub from someone who also sells pools? Good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:22 pm »
 Shouldn't matter pecially if they have been around a long time.  You can still have issues with no matter what kind of vibe you have from them.  Case in point would be smackman.   I think his is an odd one, as most dealers are really pretty good. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »
Would anyone like to point out the pros and cons of buying a hot tub from a dealer who also sells pools and leisure equipment, vs. a dealer who only deals in spas? 

Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with buying from a pool place that also sells spas unless spas are just an afterthought. If they have a spa or two in the corner and the people you talk to know little about them other than the owner brought them in to fill out the floor then I might be skeptical. All things being equal I’d lean toward the place that sells just spas because that’s what they know but some pool people take spas seriously and do a good job taking care of customers. At the same time there are great dealers who sell only spas and others not so great. It’s a case by case situation.

One thing I would factor in is a place that carries a different brand ever couple years. When your spa gets to be a little older you'll feel better if the dealer is still carrying that brand and has knowledge of its workings over the years. One question to ask is how long they've carried this current brand, who does their service, if its in-house how long has the service guy been doing this and been working on this brand… If you’re sly enough you can ask a lot of these questions without them necessarily realizing you’re using the info to help make a decision.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:38:29 pm »
 Good point Spatech_tou!!

1985forever

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:41:29 pm »
Very good points!!  Thank you! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:41:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42