What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone ever bought their own accessories separately at a later date to save $$?  (Read 5078 times)

1985forever

We are over budget on our spa quote and are looking to shave some $ off our out of pocket cost.  Would putting off the stairs and lifter until a later time make sense?

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
We are over budget on our spa quote and are looking to shave some $ off our out of pocket cost.  Would putting off the stairs and lifter until a later time make sense?

Stairs yes, lifter I wouldn't skip.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

1985forever

Spatech - just curious about your reasoning on the lifter?

We are over budget and really want this tub.  What are the chances of our dealer just "throwing them in" (the stairs and lifter?)  haha

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Spatech - just curious about your reasoning on the lifter?

We are over budget and really want this tub.  What are the chances of our dealer just "throwing them in" (the stairs and lifter?)  haha

Because it sucks taking the cover off and putting it on (especially on a decent sized spa and very much so if you plan to go in alone) but then again if you've never used a lifter you won't miss it I guess but once you have one you won't want to go without afterward.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 Ya know if your worried about the accessories and going over budget maybe you should be looking at a lesser spa?   Accessories shouldn't really make a price difference to your budget unless they are asking way to much for them.  Not trying to be an ass, just saying.

All that being said go in with cash, say I will take it if you throw the lift in, or both steps and lift.  Steps are easy to find, I wouldn't skip the lift either.  Then shut your mouth, let them make the next move, it will be the longest 1 ta 2 minuets you will ever have.    If they say no, say thank you and go to the other place and say the same thing.  He may still give in at that point, with you walking out the door.  This is kind of a chitty tactic but it can be effective with a dealer.  Worse case you cave and say alright skip the accessories and buy them on line.   

1985forever

JJ - I didn't think you were being "an ass".  I am the one being an ass trying to find creative ways to get the topic of price reduction on the table with my dealer.   ::) 

We are over our budget, but in love with a tub, and I have a suspicion due to my own research that the price could go down at least a few hundred bucks, which just happens to be about what we're paying in accessories. 

Ya know if your worried about the accessories and going over budget maybe you should be looking at a lesser spa?   Accessories shouldn't really make a price difference to your budget unless they are asking way to much for them.  Not trying to be an ass, just saying.

All that being said go in with cash, say I will take it if you throw the lift in, or both steps and lift.  Steps are easy to find, I wouldn't skip the lift either.  Then shut your mouth, let them make the next move, it will be the longest 1 ta 2 minuets you will ever have.    If they say no, say thank you and go to the other place and say the same thing.  He may still give in at that point, with you walking out the door.  This is kind of a chitty tactic but it can be effective with a dealer.  Worse case you cave and say alright skip the accessories and buy them on line.   

garcias171

Just a quick comment.  While shopping for my spa the stairs and other accessories like cover, cover lifter, starter kit and even in one case the GFCI box were included.  Caldera includes the GFCI box with their new spa packages which was really impressive.  Your dealer should be offering you some of this stuff for free.  I have yet to meet the dealer that gives nothing with new spa purchase.

1985forever

Its funny - got two quotes, two dealers, same items in each quote.  One dealer has told us the price of the tub itself, then itemized each accessory.  Another dealer labels his quotes as "everythings included". 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Free - something you pay for that's not itemized on the bill.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42