What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Maintenance: New Product - Freshrain - has anyone used it & does it work?  (Read 7830 times)

LHN

I found this product one day while looking at my local spa dealers web site.  I called them to inquire about the product and they said they stopped carrying it but wouldn't tell me why.  The website seems intriguing and if the product works, it would be awesome.  That's a big "if" though.  Anyway, if anyone has any experience with the product it would be great to hear about it.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Welcome to the forum.  I'll have to look at the website and take a guess. Probably a new name for an old product.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

chem geek

Some info on this product is in this thread on another forum.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
What's up with that forum? I couldn't get past the pop up adds to read the information Chem Geek..Do I need to change a setting or something to stop the pop ups? I was wondering if this product was like a new one that my dealer is offering, Silkbalance? He has tried to talk me into switching but I'm not convinced yet.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

What's up with that forum? I couldn't get past the pop up adds to read the information Chem Geek..Do I need to change a setting or something to stop the pop ups? I was wondering if this product was like a new one that my dealer is offering, Silkbalance? He has tried to talk me into switching but I'm not convinced yet.

just an fyi, SilkBalance offers 100% money back on the first bottle if you decide its not for you

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
So it's worth a try? I know it's pretty expensive...but maybe I will try it when I do my next water change.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

So it's worth a try? I know it's pretty expensive...but maybe I will try it when I do my next water change.

yup worth a shot...normally I'll side with the "purists" who don't believe in any other systems than those approved by EPA...but In my case I'm keeping an open mind because I do sell plenty of SilkBalance to customers who absolutely love it under the right usage conditions...other side of the coin I have some who were not 100% happy and that's fine...that's why we have options, some like saltwater, some don't...some hate the "acidic" smell of bromine, some don't mind it...etc. etc.

Ralpho

Just joined this blog and noticed an old post regarding the effectiveness of the "freshrain" system.  I live in Alaska and have had the unit on my Hotsprings tub for 2+ years.  It's been flawless.  I have NEVER changed the water or added ANY chemicals in that time and my tub is flawlessly clear, the ph never changes.   We love it.  The original lamp is still working although the dealer recommended it be replaced at 18 months.  All we ever do is clean the filter once a month.  Whoever said their dealer no longer made the units available must not have known how to install properly.  You might call the manufacturer direct to see if a different dealer is available.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Just joined this blog and noticed an old post regarding the effectiveness of the "freshrain" system.  I live in Alaska and have had the unit on my Hotsprings tub for 2+ years.  It's been flawless.  I have NEVER changed the water or added ANY chemicals in that time and my tub is flawlessly clear, the ph never changes.   We love it.  The original lamp is still working although the dealer recommended it be replaced at 18 months.  All we ever do is clean the filter once a month.  Whoever said their dealer no longer made the units available must not have known how to install properly.  You might call the manufacturer direct to see if a different dealer is available.

lamp? Hot Spring does not sell spas with UV ozones, is this something aftermarket that was installed when you bought it?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Not only aftermarket, but not approved by HS for use on their tubs.

Be careful little shill cat...

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42