What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "self cleaning" hydropool feature as opposed to "serenity" line?  (Read 8328 times)

1985forever

In comparing the Self Cleaning hydropool spos to the Serenity (without self cleaning) hydropool spas, I just wonder if you can get just as much spa if you skip the self cleaning feature and just commit to vacuuming your spa by hand periodically.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: "self cleaning" hydropool feature as opposed to "serenity" line?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:08:41 pm »
Most spas have enough turbulence and filtration that they tend to be as close to 'self cleaning' as you need for normal use.

If you are going to place the tub under a messy tree or two - plan on netting or skimming out leaves from time-to-time.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

1985forever

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 02:34:54 pm »
Yes, I am wondering how much work we are actually saving ourselves by opting for the self cleaning feature rather than just the basic tub w/jets.  We are positioning the spa under a covered patio, so there won't be trees, and probably not even grass since we have a clean walk from the door to the spa (all on cement pathway under cover)? 

Do spas need to be vacuumed?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 02:40:59 pm »
 A self cleaning spa is really a BS sales pitch type thing.  Most can achieve the same thing by running pump one on a low speed.  Most if not all pumps run an average of 15 to 20 min then shut off.   Usually its a 2spd pump that runs through a dedicated filter.    Not worth extra money as most spa's do this already.   

1985forever

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53:12 pm »
Yes, I am wondering if I can get just as much spa (or even more?) for less money if I pass up the "self cleaning" feature of self-clean hydropool and just opt for the Serenity line of hydropool.  Thanks, all, so far.

Any "Hydropool" gurus on board?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 06:03:46 pm »
In comparing the Self Cleaning hydropool spos to the Serenity (without self cleaning) hydropool spas, I just wonder if you can get just as much spa if you skip the self cleaning feature and just commit to vacuuming your spa by hand periodically.  Any thoughts?

Every spa made is self cleaning. The only time I ever cleaned my spa was when it was drained and I wiped it down and rinsed it out. You'd have to do that with a "self cleaning spa" also.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »
 I use to get people in asking if the Jacuzzi had a clean up cycle like the HS spa, always made me laugh.  Have not heard it in a long time, so not sure they still have it or just not talking about it?   

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 11:05:57 pm »
Still there, still works.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:07:01 pm »
I use to get people in asking if the Jacuzzi had a clean up cycle like the HS spa, always made me laugh.  Have not heard it in a long time, so not sure they still have it or just not talking about it?

Hot Springs touts it as a cleanup cycle. The design is actualt quite different that what Hydropool advertises as "Self Cleaning" With the small circ pump on the HS only capable of moving a small amount of water 24/7 after use a quick burst of the jet pump will move tons more water through the filter. It actualy makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:31:24 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:07:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42