What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outdoor hot tub questions  (Read 3265 times)

1985forever

Outdoor hot tub questions
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:34:24 am »
Do outdoor hot tubs increase one's ability to enjoy the outdoors?  For example, on these very chilly yet very sunny spring days here in NE, I often wonder if the hot tub would cause me to sit outside more just for the enjoyment of the sunshine and budding trees.  I wouldn't go sit in a lawn chair right now - but a hot tub?  Perhaps...  Does cold weather deter you from wanting to brave the walk TO the hot tub?  Ours will be located about 20 feet away from the patio door.  Probably a miserable walk in the dead of winter??

Also, what can be done in terms of privacy on an outdoor spa?  Ours will be situated under a covered patio, visible from backyard neighbors deck.  We are planning privacy trees, but until they grow in, would lattice between posts of patio ruin our view or make us feel closed in?  How about curtains or blinds for the outdoors?  Does that work well?

One last question:  What are the pros cons of having a spa under a covered patio as opposed to out in the yard under the sky?  I know we'll miss out on a lot of stars, but we can still view the horizon from our patio, so will that be as enjoyable?  At least we could spa on rainy or snowy days??

Hot Tub Forum

Outdoor hot tub questions
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Outdoor hot tub questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:31:53 pm »
you are correct the spa will draw you and your family outdoors much more often, to some the spa "area" becomes kind of like an outdoor "environment" where you have the spa, maybe a bbq grill, some patio furniture chairs/lounges/etc, maybe an outdoor stereo/tv if you really wanna go nuts, etc.

unless you realllly need to see the stars there is not really any disadvantages to having the spa covered...having it covered will actually save on some wear and tear from snow buildup on the cover, help prevent any fading on your cover or side panels from the sun as well, plus like you said you more apt to use the spa on rainy and heavy snowfall days as well... and its especially nice in your case since you still have a nice view of the horizon as you stated.

this is subjective of course but anything will work for privacy, you could do lattice and/or some type of heavy duty curtains to help with privacy until the trees grow in

H2O

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:05:52 pm »
Hi 1985.
We are from NE also.How could you not want to be soaking in 102 deg water outside on a moonlite night.
Plus your from NE,your tough LOL.

lyncch00

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:59:31 pm »
I love the hot tub on a cold night.  The colder the better.  Having siad that, my wife refuses to hit the tub when its cold out.  I hit the tub early in the day before work and again in the evening.  Yes, outside activities increase.  I built a pergola around it.  I too am thinking of curtains or something for privacy.  Privacy is a big PLUS for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:59:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42