What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Difference between Hot Spring "highlife" and "limelight" series?  (Read 22873 times)

1985forever

What is the difference between these two groupings?  Is the "highlife" better quality?  OR just offers more bells and whistles?  As I said in another post, wife and I are in the market for a new hot tub (first time buyers) and we are feeling very overwhelmed.  Visiting a Hot Spring dealer today.

Hot Tub Forum

ronsno

Re: Difference between Hot Spring "highlife" and "limelight" series?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:27 am »
I'm interested in the same information.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:12:27 am »
Based on your other post I would look into the Limelight "Pulse" its a big open seat tub that will accommodate a family of 5...some differences are the "styles" of jets found in each tub, the Highlife tubs run a no-bypass filtration whereas the Pulse is setup with 1 large filter like all other brands, but it still features a silent 24hr circ. pump, the lighting is also different although most people fall in love with the lighting on the Limelight tubs (its very sharp)...warranty is the same 5yr component and 7yr on the shell

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:05:17 pm »
Biggest differences:
Jets - no Moto Massage on the Limelight series, larger variety of jets on the Highlife. You can now shut off some of the jets in the Highlife series (new in 2012) which amps up power in remaining jets.

Filtration - Single large filter in Limelight series, "No Bypass" filtration in Highlife with multiple filters. Costs about the same to own, but the Highlife series performs much better. As a dealer, I have them side-by-side (and have for years going back to Tiger River), and the no-bypass will clear a cloudy spa faster, and not get cloudy in the first place much more often that not. You will not have the two systems side-by-side at home, of course, but it IS a difference.

Lighting - was mentioned above.

Quality - Both series have the same type of pumps, controls, valves, many jets are the same except for trim - and of course the various jets not found in the Limelight series. Siding is now the same. One thing which leads to a slight difference in operating costs: the Limelight series has a more traditional open motor compartment. A basic plywood floor (painted) forms the bottom, as opposed to a formed plastic box with insulated walls and floor on the Highlife series. This makes the Highlife series a bit quieter, holds the heat in better, and to me looks more 'finished' and 'high end' when I show it off to my customers. This is not a big deal, but it is proof of the old adage that you do get what you pay for.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

1985forever

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »
Thank you all for your thoughts.  I actually updated a post today with our shopping experience.  Looks like we may be going with Hydropool.  Unfortunately, we do not have any reputable Hot Spring dealers near us.

kurt6137

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:32:43 pm »
Chas, what do you mean by shutting some of the jets off on the high life series ? , I have a 2013 sovereign, do you mean just shutting the air control off or is this something on the control panel , that is turned off. Curious to know. Does the sovereign have that option of turning some of the jets off ?

kurt6137

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41:06 pm »
Chas, nevermind, I realized they are talking about the smart lever, i thought they were talking about turning off more jets, than allowed, by just moving the smart jet lever. thanks anyway.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »
a factory installed ozone on the highlife series is another plus.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »
Chas, what do you mean by shutting some of the jets off on the high life series ? , I have a 2013 sovereign, do you mean just shutting the air control off or is this something on the control panel , that is turned off. Curious to know. Does the sovereign have that option of turning some of the jets off ?

Yes - on your Sov you can turn the large jet faces and shut off those jets - which adds power to the remaining jets. The Moto Massage needs a set amount of pressure, so it is plumbed on one side of the Diverter Valve and will not change as you adjust other jets.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

donl1150

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:17 pm »
Just got back from the Hot Springs dealer tonight!  We are considering the Prodigy (Highlife line) or the Pulse ( Limelight line) .  Was wondering about initial pricing they quoted: Prodigy $7,000 // Pulse: $8,200.  Cover lift extra $400.  Includes 50 amp GFCI sub-panel, delivery, chemicals and cover.  Are these typical price points?  A more general question....is it typical to negotiate pricing in this field.?  Thinking of the car industry.   Thoughts would be most appreciated.  Thanks

Don

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:19 am »
Just got back from the Hot Springs dealer tonight!  We are considering the Prodigy (Highlife line) or the Pulse ( Limelight line) .  Was wondering about initial pricing they quoted: Prodigy $7,000 // Pulse: $8,200.  Cover lift extra $400.  Includes 50 amp GFCI sub-panel, delivery, chemicals and cover.  Are these typical price points?  A more general question....is it typical to negotiate pricing in this field.?  Thinking of the car industry.   Thoughts would be most appreciated.  Thanks

Don

Those are good prices on those spas but certainly negotiating on spas is fine. Some dealers give a price that has a lot of room to negotiate while others give a good fair price with not much wiggle room. Tell them you're interested but want their very best price for the spa and the accessories and see if they budge a little.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42