What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: too many choices!!!!!  (Read 17975 times)

poopsy

too many choices!!!!!
« on: May 24, 2004, 04:21:19 pm »
I have been wetesting for a while and they all feel good...hs  has the moto massage/ sundance the ffluid jets/ ect ect....i am burned out....maybe...

now i hear coleman is good and d1...has anyone actually got in a tub and jumped out cause they hated it? i mean really!!

Hot Tub Forum

too many choices!!!!!
« on: May 24, 2004, 04:21:19 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: too many choices!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 04:32:34 pm »
I have been wetesting for a while and they all feel good...hs  has the moto massage/ sundance the ffluid jets/ ect ect....i am burned out....maybe...

There's no better feeling than to make your choice based on researching and wet testing. Take your time as the route you're taking can go a long way toward avoiding the buyer's remorse some have that impulse buy or buy based on a picture.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poopsy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 04:45:49 pm »
i agree....i looked last year for 4 months and stopped untill now....looking again....i really want a tub i wont tire of...one with enough options in seating and jetting that we wont bet bored...if that the right word...

I am not opposed to a lounger if it fits well and is comfey as it gives another option to relax in...in fact i found the sundance altimar comfey except for the foot jets in the lounger as they were pretty weak and my 5 foot wife wouldnt reach them at all so for her she wasnt getting the use from them.

caldera tahitian utopia was a nice tub. the lounger felt better but the jets were boring.The niagara was huge but in 1 seat the position was too isolated.

the optima was huge too but i felt the seats w/o jets(3) were a waste for that much $.....

the reward and uphoria were well made but shallow to us..too many seats had you up out of the water and the jets to be used for your back could only be used by one person at a time(the jets in the center under the filters...
the filters too when he demonstarated changing them had alot of back flow into the tub upon removing them.

coast was ok...waterfalls and stereo in the 2 i tried...options i dont need i guess...

jacuzzi was ok too..not real thrilled by the jet action though.....

i want to try a hs  wet(tried it dry),,,dont know if the bench seat thing is what i want.

my wife wont go wetest anymore....lol...she is burned out too....and sick of the sales lines.

we want what anyone wants...power-diversity and relaibilty.....

all make claims to these 3 things...and most warrenty are similar.....i guess i just need to take more time and retest.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 04:51:43 pm »
I find myself using those unjetted seats in our Optima a lot more than I thought I would when we first got the tub.  Sometimes it's nice to just sit in the water.  If I want to get blasted with jets, I can move to another seat.  If I want to sit up a bit and cool off, or sit without getting massaged, the cool down seats are there.   Just some food for thought.  What's right for me may not be right for you.  Keep up your testing, it will be time well spent in the long run.
Brewman
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 04:53:53 pm »
Poopsy.

Seems like you have it down to a list of preferences. Maybe it's time to turn to a paper based Or internet search until you find a model that has most of what you like and then wet test that?' I'm certain that there is one out there that comes close. Just not sure which one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 04:54:17 pm by doodoo »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 07:43:21 pm »
Pick the 3 you think you like best and wet test them back-to-back-to-back. Rank them 1-3 and then try to make a deal with whichever seems best letting them know you have a couple other choices.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 07:43:43 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 07:30:26 am »
Poopsy,

I agree with above suggestions.  Wet test back-to-back.  It sure helped me decide.

Brewman had a point, also.  Wet testing is great, but it has proven to be nothing like owning one.  What I mean, the wet test helped me decide which jets were more or less powerful, which jets and setting felt right to me, did I float, easier to move around in, enough room, etc.  When I had owned mine for about a month, I found that some nights I use some seats more than others.  Sometimes the moto-massage seat is all I want or need (since I have a Hot Spring).  I enjoy the cool down seat when I am finished with my soak, but just can't bring myself to get out of the tub!   ;)

Convoluted way to say, imagine being out under the stars and enjoying the company of your family.  That is what I did.  That, and as Doodoo suggested, I wrote everything on a sheet of paper and did some comparisons of my own.

Good luck!  It is a tough decision (it was for me, anyway) since there are so many quality tubs out there.  You will find the one.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 07:51:13 am »
i am burned out

I really appreciate how you feel, any major purchase can be stressful even when it is for something you know you are going to love.  Perhaps its time to pick your favorite based on what you have done so far, take a day or two, look to see if there are others you want to look at and then maybe take some time this long holiday weekend.   I really suggest taking a few days off or you might be tempted to jump at the first reasonable offer made, but maybe that isn't a bad thing. I know when we replaced all the windows in our house, I got burned out and bought from the next guy who came in the door.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

poopsy

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 02:11:28 pm »
true....like we went thru with a landscaper..we had like 10-12 bids from many companies..all within 2000.00 of eachother..we finally just went with a fella who took the time to meet up 5 times and drive us to see alot of his work.....and he was/is very busy.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 05:18:39 pm »
So its 10-12 bids for your landscaping. Muliple rounds of wet testing trying to find the perfect spa. Endless trips to theses spa forums for info and inspiration.

I'm not sure whether we should applaud you for being thorough or give our condolences to Mrs. Poopsy for having to put up with you!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 05:18:54 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 07:44:30 pm »
That hillarious Tech! ;D

Is it possible to fire a customer? ;) Chances are pretty good that when they see you walk in, the price goes up $1000.00. We all know what happens once the like's of you finally purchase... a service nightmare ;D
(I called 10 minutes ago and NOBODY is here yet!) :)

Said respectfully poopsy! ;)

Steve

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 12:03:09 am »
That hillarious Tech! ;D

Is it possible to fire a customer? ;) Chances are pretty good that when they see you walk in, the price goes up $1000.00. We all know what happens once the like's of you finally purchase... a service nightmare ;D
(I called 10 minutes ago and NOBODY is here yet!) :)

Said respectfully poopsy! ;)

Steve

That's called the AGRAVATION factor.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 12:03:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42