What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber question  (Read 13769 times)

RDF

Beachcomber question
« on: May 15, 2004, 10:49:46 pm »
Is there a way to bypass having the circulation pump shutting down when there is a 3 degree temperature difference between setpoint and actual?

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber question
« on: May 15, 2004, 10:49:46 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Beachcomber question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:46:53 pm »
Hey Ron,

When your water temperature is 3 degrees higher than what you have it set at, the Hush pump will shut down to try and allow the water to cool. Moving water is friction and cooling becomes harder while doing so.

If you have lowered the temperature significantly, your Hush pump will still run 2 filtrations cycles daily (for 2 hours I believe) and not allow the water to be stagnant.

Steve

RDF

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 12:21:42 am »
Thanks Steve, I didn't know the hush pump would kick in to keep filtering.. Maybe you could put a suggestion in to Keith about making an owners manual that is more in depth about the operation of the tubs..  We love our 730, the only thing that drives us nuts is the lack of information in the manual..  Ron

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 12:43:08 am »
You're welcome.
Not that I disagree with your obervation on the owners manual, but there's a very small percentage of people that want/need detailed information other than the operation and water care needed to run your spa.

In the back of the manual, they do give toll free numbers for direct contact to Beachcomber if your local dealer is unable to help you with specific questions.

Always feel free to contact them at 1-800-663-6557 and ask to speak to Stan Hughs or someone else in the tech department. They're always willing to speak to anyone.

Plus there's always [glb]ME !![/glb]  ;D

Steve

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 08:17:29 pm »
You da man Steve  ;D. Now that's customer service above and beyond.

See that's what I meant about customer service in my many other previous posts this evening.  ;D ;D ;D ;D There is no price for this.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 08:27:44 pm by doodoo »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 07:13:05 am »
Doodoo,

You are right!

Steve is priceless!!!  :-*
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 11:46:59 pm »
doodoo & Lori,

Awww shucks you guys.... ::)

I don't know about "above and beyond" but Ron deserves nothing less. 99% of the people here do what I did every day , including the 2 of you. It's because of people like yourselves (and many others too numerous to list) that make this forum what it is.

It's a powerful source for shoppers and owners alike and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 07:10:49 am »
You are right, Steve!  There are lots of people here that helped me in my decision.  I figure it is only right that I repay that by offering my opinions, views, and sometimes knowledge!  Knowledge I gained from the likes of you and (as you mentioned) others too numerous to mention!

Thank you all!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

RDF

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 11:24:19 am »
Steve, I know this probably came up before, but my memory is not what it use to be. I've been using Baquacil for 6 years in my pool, we always have crystal clear water, low maintenance, and no odor. People always ask us what we do to our water.
My question is, does Baquaspa not work as well as the pool version?
My other question is, I live in the Philadelphia area and was wondering what other people thought the Flyers chances are in their quest for the cup..

I have to agree with the other posts, you helped make my first year alot easier.. Thanks again Steve,  

« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 11:25:01 am by RDF »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2004, 12:43:54 am »
Hey Ron,

I will never promote Baqua or any peroxide product. The reasons are too numerous.

As for the cup, being an Albertan, I'm forced to cheer for Calgary. I've been programmed for years to hate them so it's difficult. ;D

Philly should do well. I'm betting on them in game 7.

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 06:33:39 pm »
How 'bout them Lakers!??

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2004, 08:02:04 pm »
Don't watch much football Chas!  ;) ;D

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2004, 09:44:18 pm »
Don't watch much football Chas!  ;) ;D

Steve

Wait until we put an NFL team or two in Canada. You guys will quickly set aside that "soccer on ice" game.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poolboy34

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2004, 10:43:21 pm »
hey now!!!  Hockey is a great sport, but you have to watch it in person.  TV doesn't do it justice.  As far as the NBA playoffs......it looks as if the Lakers are gonna win it.  The east is weak, I mean c'mon even my lowly Knicks made the playoffs!!!!! :o  Anyways....many of the manufacturers have clauses in their warranties stating that the use of Biguanides(Baqua Spa in particular) will void warranties due to the fact that it is very acidic and leaves a nasty gunk buildup in the plumbing.  It is also VERY expensive (as you might know being the owner of a pool on Baquacil).  Baquacil is an excelent chlorine free choice for pool owners, but there are better chlorine -free/low Chlorine systems out there for spas to use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2004, 10:43:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42