What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima or Grandee  (Read 32596 times)

Chris_H

Re: Optima or Grandee
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2004, 02:21:49 pm »
Buy it for $2,000 dollars less, and then please go away.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2004, 02:21:49 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2004, 02:23:20 pm »
whypaymore,
I am sorry.... you must be a very slow thinker.... do you have a TV.... a radio.... a newspaper.... do you have access to any of those...if you do. Check out how the cost of living is not the same everywhere in the country.... you might get a feel of why something might cost more in some places.... it is not all because someone is just making pure profit...which if you or Needaspa have any real desire or the ability to actually do some research.... you will find that most people around the country for the major brand of spas are usually within 500.00 of each other on average...

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2004, 02:24:15 pm »
I agree with Chris H,  buy and pass the information along to Needaspa so that you and he/she/it can buy your and his/hers/its own and go away.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:26:05 pm by doodoo »

whypaymore

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2004, 02:30:50 pm »
So is this what you do to all posters that don't agree with you and have a different opinion/ideas is you post all of the negative name calling until they go away? I think I did that in Kindergarden....

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2004, 02:43:19 pm »
Its not about being childish or someone who differs in opinion it is about putting out information that is so un founded so irresponsible that causes much grief for those who do not know how completely uniformed you are.... and it is unfair to all of those who are just trying to help others in a meaniful way.....after 13 years in the auto business you see to much of it and know how damaging it can be.....

poolboy34

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2004, 03:52:17 pm »
go ahead and buy your spa at the dealer 600 miles away from you for 2000$ less.................and then ask for "FREE DELIVERY"....................see what happens........gas ain't cheap these days..so I'm guessing you can tack another 500$+ onto your 2000$ savings for a delivery fee................and then tack another 150$ onto every service call as a trip charge(that's being generous............it'll more likely be around 250$) because the dealer you bought from is contractually obligated to do service work on your spa, and NO your local dealer won't service your spa, and if they do CHOOSE to service your spa you can bet you'll be the last rung on the totem pole for that service as the customers who chose to buy from them will come first.

Julie

• Sundance Cameo owner
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2004, 04:13:01 pm »
Now I don't want to add more fuel to a fire already roaring, but I also believe that you get what you pay for.  The Sundance dealer I went to had sticker prices on all spa.  When I got down with the salelady she told us: "Now, spa price is 10K (sticker) for everyone.  Will you take the 1 year no payment plan?  No, then I'll take off 5%, putting us at 9500$.  No more dealing."  Like Steve said, it gives you a great feeling at that point, knowing that you don't have to argue with anyone and stress out on the price issue.  It was one of the reasons we went with the Cameo, that and we loved the spa.

And the service issue.  Maybe every Sundance dealer has to service your spa, but how eager will they be? Will you be put at bottom end of the list? I would bet on it. Now my NEW Cameo I just received last Friday is leaking, yes, LEAKING.  We found it out on Monday night.  Called the dealer first thing on Tuesday morning, told him about it.  Said "Oh, it's the most busy time of the year, people reopening their spas after the winter, finding out they have leaks because they didn't closed it properly.  But it's brand new, so I'll find some time for you on Thursday".  Just a 2 days wait, when the service guy is overloaded, not bad.  Would he have done this if I had bought my spa elsewhere?  Don't think so.  Would have told me to go to dealer, or given me an appointment in 1-2 weeks.  Now when you're stressed out because your spa looses about an inch of water a day and you have to refill it every 2 days, waiting is not fun, especially considering it's brand new.  I want it to be over.  Actually, I'm waiting news from my boyfriend about it, they were suppose to come at 3:00.

needaspa

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2004, 08:02:15 pm »
Any dealer can work on your respective spa!!  Do not be nieve to think the dealer whom you bought from must service it.  Its a contract between the buyer and manufacturer.  The dealer (who is qualified to do the work) does the work and then submits the bill to the manuf - the manuf then reimburses the dealer.  That's it.  There are 1000s of attorneys out there that will be glad to help you with a nonwilling or stuborn dealer.

'No, then I'll take off 5%, putting us at 9500$.  No more dealing."  Like Steve said, it gives you a great feeling at that point, knowing that you don't have to argue with anyone and stress out on the price issue.'  

The 500 discount was given to you not for not taking the financing but as an act to make  you feel good.  Banks do not charge the dealers to use their financing.  HEck, banks are eager enough to have the dealers use them (buyers not paying off in free period) and make money.  

'a great feeling at that point, knowing that you don't have to argue with anyone and stress out '

So you are willing to pay a premium for this?  YOu have to treat buying a spa like a business.  You are there not to make friends with the rep but to get a fair price.  I do not understand the cause of stress if you have done your research.

'Are coupons for $ off found on manufacturers websites and promos a "rebate" from the manufacturer? In otherwords if I strike a deal with a dealer then whip out the a coupon for $500 off will the dealer honor that because it's a "discount" from the manufacturer - not taking from a dealer's profit? '  YES!!!!!

ps - 'jerk off' thats a big word for you mendo

poolboy34

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2004, 08:38:12 pm »
needapsa.....you should really go talk with this fellow out  in colorado, b/c you two think alike.  Anyways, I hope you don't act this childish and pompous when you are trying to negotiate a price with your local sundance dealer, because it won't get you anywhere.  And as far as the service aspect................dealers sign a service agreement with the manufacturer to service all spas that said dealer sells of that manufacturers brand.  that's it, and if an attorney looks at the agreement, they'll see that.  You should also know that any and all businesses have the right to choose whom they will do business with, and it should also be noted that dealers also have the right to refuse servicing your hot tub if you are unrully, rude, arrogant, and overly demanding as well.  You really should read the fine print of all those contracts you are signing wantaspa....oops I mean needaspa ;D  Furthermore............the contract you sign at time of purchase won't have the manufacturer's name on it, it will however have the name of the dealer you are purchasing from, making your agreement between you and the dealer you are purchasing from.  

IOWASPAMAN

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2004, 08:45:02 pm »
You are right again poolboy.
Also needaspa, the if you read the post correctly, the $500 off was for not doing the 12 months no payment no interest option, which currently lending institutes are charging dealers 5-7% to use. They do not do this for free as you would assume. Straight financing there is no charge for. If there is a dealer out there that is getting the 12 months option for free let me know where you got from.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2004, 08:45:32 pm »
Is it really Needaspa...?

It is a funny thing needapa.... but you know this about yourself better than anyone here.... but each time you want to make a purchase for something it is always a battle.... always figuring you are more clever than most and are going to out smart the system.... nothing wrong in looking for a good or fair deal...many people do that...the problem with you is that you are just simply to dense to know what a good or fair deal is for what you are looking for...you just do not have the ability to know the value of anything....did you make that call to Wells yet or any other bank....if you did than you would have found out that retailers do share in the costs of offering 0% financing or no payments for a period of time.....(they do not if the banks are charging intrest)..the fact is anything that might actually take place in the real world and not floating around in your self serving head is nothing you want to hear about....it is so transparent to those who work in this field and other retail business that you are clueless in the way things really work...banks really do charge retailers for promotional interest rates....men who deliver things to you really do get paid even if it says free delivery, they are not volunteers.....spa dealers do incur a cost for the rebate coupons....you still don't have the sac to post that check stub or w2.....the sun will rise tomorrow....and you will be trapped in that world that revolves around you and the way you think things should be all for the betterment of yourself....and that big word still is true you are a jerk off...

poolboy34

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2004, 08:55:27 pm »
actually you know needapsa......you stick around for my amusement, cause it's great stress relief ranting on you and proving all of your dissillusioned thoughts wrong.  My work days are long, and thankfully I don't have to deal (and I quote my friend mendo) with jerkoffs like yourself.

Anyways, thanks iowaspaman, and it's always good to see mendo chime in.   Let's all hope needapsa gets a spa so he'll use his time in it instead of harrassing all of the legitimate spa buyers and dealers who frequent this baord to help answer questions.

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2004, 09:06:49 pm »
lol....

I wonder what would happen if this was a new or used car site. ???

I think there are probably a bunch of things that affect the dealers mark up, like location, number of spa sold and other local market conditions.

Locally, a Optima is about $8500 and the Grandee is $8000. before negotiations.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2004, 09:21:45 pm »
Shut down...

You are so right and it is not a very hard thing to figure out.... I am in California.... a few months back we recalled the Gov....and you know who took office one of his bigger platforms that he ran on was workers comp insurance which is the highest in the country...cost of doing business here is higher than other parts of the country.... retail space here within a 5 mile radius varies from a buck a sq ft to well over three and that is just for average type retail centers...but not everyone wants to look at the big or total cost of doing business.... all they want to know what does that spa invoice for.....and than say that anything else they do not consider it a cost.....lol...Disneyland is close by.....and fantasyland is a big part of the park.....needaspa perhaps you should shop there....

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Some of the more preposterous quotes...
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2004, 12:04:59 am »
"Take your time and negotiate over a period of time to make sure you get the best deal."

Both my former employer (A HotSpring dealer) and myself suscribe to a fixed price point strategy- The spa models are offered with a tiered feature and pricing structure and negotiating over a period of time only delays your delivery date.

"To me, price should be considered priority #1 and above dealer reputation, service, etc.  The spa you buy is covered under a manufacturer's warranty not store warranty.  Do not deel pressured to buy from a store that has been in business for years and seems to be the nicest, politest, etc. "

So you should buy from the dealer with the lowest price reguardless of their experience, customer satisfaction, honesty, reliability, or any other track record?

Forgive me, but that's just completely stupid in my opinion-

Imagine buying from a dealer based on price alone, and having the dealer file bankruptcy after taking your deposit for your spa, or botch the delivery by damaging the product, or deliver faulty or used product, or deliver the wrong model, color, or size, have a dealer or his representatives be rude, impolite, or unapologetically profane, and have a dealer not be equipped to handle orientation, service, repair, or maintenance. Is it really worth the percieved savings?

My answer is no- I have a handful of customers who bought spas through product liquidators and big box retailers that regret ever buying a hot tub, and will probably never buy another tub because of the negative experiences they associated with their purchase :-/. Many experienced problems that might have been quickly resolved by a local dealer, that subsequently had to be channeled through a national call center, which sought out a national service provider, that in turn sought out a local technician- confirming and checking references before passing down the customer information to the point an appointment for warranty repair could be scheduled... Dont even get me started on how I get paid... :-X

My point is,  when looking for a spa, at least half of the shopping should be done in an effort to find a dealer that can support the product after the sale. I'd go so far as to say its even acceptable to puchase a spa that is average or mediocre if the dealer is a top-notch service provider, a giant in customer satisfaction...

"Stores try to setup local psuedo monopolies in local areas.  'You must buy from me or have your spa servicxed (SIC) by me.'  There are 1000's of Sundance, HS, etc dealers in the US - Go with the one that offers the lowest price (knowing you may have extra shipping costs).  Then, use your local dealer for service and support.  Its that simple! "

Hmmm... Oh, really? My prior employer had no qualms denying service to those who bought product from neighboring territories which dealt in the same product.

One experience in particular comes to mind. A prospect came in working the owner trying to get a 'deal'- It was clear the prospect had been to the neighboring dealers store and was trying to play one dealer against the other. The store owner offered an additional accessory to net the deal and and arrangements were made to deliver the product- On the day of the delivery, with the spa planted on the prospects deck, he reneged- refusing to cut a check for the full balance until the store owner agreed to match the neighboring territories last offer. I was instructed to pick up the spa and the prospect bought the exact same model from the other dealer who was a little more than an hours drive time away- I was also instructed to refer the prospect to the neighboring dealer for any of their needs, including warranty repair. That customer is now paying travel fees associated with the distance from his dealer...

Finally, a word picture-

A candy bar is a suitable product for a vending machine- It requires no maintenance or 'after-the-sale' support. It delivers a very short period of customer satisfaction.

A hot tub on the other hand is not suitable for a vending machine. It is a complicated appliance that requires regular customer maintenance and attention by trained professionals if something is faulty. It has the potential of having a very long period of customer satisfaction-- but cant achieve this without qualified 'after-the-sale' service and support.

Please, oh please, tell me that you can see the difference. :(

Hot Tub Forum

Some of the more preposterous quotes...
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2004, 12:04:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42