What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima or Grandee  (Read 32598 times)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Optima or Grandee
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2004, 12:39:08 pm »
Since this thread includes so much about "dealer cost" and "expense" I have a related question that I think is appropriate here (at least I know it will be seen with 745 views and growing  :P )

Are coupons for $ off found on manufacturers websites and promos a "rebate" from the manufacturer? In otherwords if I strike a deal with a dealer then whip out the a coupon for $500 off will the dealer honor that because it's a "discount" from the manufacturer - not taking from a dealer's profit?

BTW, Steve kudos on your post - I wish every dealer was liken to your post...
Give me the "real" price the first time and I'll decide if it's the right price for me - a sale made or I'm on to the next. I am sick of walking into a dealer showrooms to see a a price tag that says "$10,500 on sale during this weekend's super pre-summer blowout for $8,995" then after the salesperson knows i'm serious and am not impressed with the "super sale"  i get the whisper "I can give you a real good deal, how about $8,485?" Then when I display a mild amount of disgust for the tactic I get the "let me check, i might be able to do better" (yes, I am referring to known name brands praised thoughout this forum)
e

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2004, 12:39:08 pm »

needaspa

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2004, 12:58:16 pm »
Well, I am glad to see other people post their feelings over over priced spas!  I almost forgot until I read a few posts back that why should be pay 1000's more for 'service' when the big spa makers offer 5+ year warranties?!?  Porsche sales must he high!  Pure profit!

whypaymore

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2004, 01:29:03 pm »

BTW, Steve kudos on your post - I wish every dealer was liken to your post...
Give me the "real" price the first time and I'll decide if it's the right price for me - a sale made or I'm on to the next. I am sick of walking into a dealer showrooms to see a a price tag that says "$10,500 on sale during this weekend's super pre-summer blowout for $8,995" then after the salesperson knows i'm serious and am not impressed with the "super sale"  i get the whisper "I can give you a real good deal, how about $8,485?" Then when I display a mild amount of disgust for the tactic I get the "let me check, i might be able to do better" (yes, I am referring to known name brands praised thoughout this forum)

Here is one better, we were at a Master Spa dealer after we looked around at the spas and were told all of the benifits of the Master spas, we of course asked about costs, the dealer went to his computer and printed off some sheets, Regular Price $16,000.00 Your price $9895.00. He acted like he was giving me this big discount or something, and we would be crazy not to buy today, I said call me crazy then and we left. We will not be buying a Master Spa.... do you dealers out there actually get people to pay these outrageous prices? This guy could probbly sell this spa at $4500 and still be making a good profit.

So here is my next mission, I am going to find 10 hotsprings dealers, 10 sundance dealers, and 10 Marquis dealers (using dealer locater on websites). E-mail them and tell them to give me their best price on the model I am looking at from them with Shipping to my location. I will pay cashiers check to the best offer, and see what prices come in.

Chris_H

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2004, 01:35:02 pm »
They won't deliver it to you because every spa they sell they have to service.  If the manufacturer finds out about it they won't be selling Hotspring, Sundance or Marquis.  Good luck though.
Chris H

Chris_H

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2004, 01:40:55 pm »
One more point.  I think that might be a reason why Hotspring/Sundance Spas cannot be purchased on Ebay brand new with a warranty.
Chris H

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2004, 01:51:29 pm »

So here is my next mission, I am going to find 10 hotsprings dealers, 10 sundance dealers, and 10 Marquis dealers (using dealer locater on websites). E-mail them and tell them to give me their best price on the model I am looking at from them with Shipping to my location. I will pay cashiers check to the best offer, and see what prices come in.

Apparently we have a person who's become all knowing in his few days researching spas and is out for spa truth, justice and the American way to overcome these communist spa companies/dealers. Out to find the truth behind why these spas don't sell for $1999 like they “should". Disgusted that the makers won’t sell to him at their cost (including warranty of course) and skip the middleman. I'd suggest you go to Costco and buy one of their spas and tell everyone how they're just as good as the so called premium spas.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:57:38 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

IOWASPAMAN

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2004, 01:51:48 pm »
I keep a 38% margin. My manufacturer shows a MSRP that is basically equal to a 50% markup. I currently use the one price with no wiggle room technique.
Out of my 38% I need to pay for utilities,employees, training,my lease,service vehicles,stocking parts,delivery of the spa,and 2nd trip to assist customer with anything missed at delivery with water care questions,advertising, (yellow pages ain't cheap) after that is all said and done, I take a salary and reivest the rest into the business, which after all is said and done on a spa that costs me from the factory $5000, I get to reinvest around $400, or 8% to grow my business to stay around and help you in the future.
So I ask you, is 10 spas sold at $1000 profit really better than 5 sold at $1500?
I am in the business, and I understand what many dealers are facing. I also am a consumer. I see how a small business works and I support my local retailers. Just like people you have worked for tips are generally better tippers. As a consumer I have a choice of who I wish do to business with. As a business owner I have the rigt of who I wish to do business with.

whypaymore

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2004, 01:52:57 pm »
The reason that they will not let them be sold on ebay is because the real cost of them would be revealed.... The dealer selling them on ebay would only need to mark them up $500, $800 bucks, and he would be happy seeing all of the sales that he would get. The problem, when a customer comes into a local dealer and says I can get this on ebay for X amount can you match that price? He probbaly could but then he would have to do it for everyone right? There would be no more making millions off of spa sales.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2004, 01:58:53 pm »
Needaspa....

What about that w2 and check stub...I guess you just don't have the sac for it.... I don't think you have much of a sac for anything...except to bludgeon people into getting what you want.... you are a jerk off...who needs to get lost...

needaspa

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2004, 02:00:34 pm »
'Why, they ught to just ship them from the factory as wholesale prices and skp the dealers all together!'

Man, that would be great!

IOWASPAMAN

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2004, 02:02:01 pm »
Thank you whypaymore. I can raise my prices now and feel comfortable about making $800 a spa to reinvest into my business. Thank you.

Chris_H

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2004, 02:03:00 pm »
Play nice children.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2004, 02:07:18 pm »

If Sundance Et Al, did sell direct w/o the middleman
you'd be complaining that the factory was working on a 7000% profit margin, and that they should be selling to you for $35.89 or something.  After all, most spas are made of plastic and wood- basically carbon based materials.  With carbon being the most abundant element know to man, the materials must have cost them only about $31.98, plus a few pennies more for the metal in the wiring.  It's all a great big conspiracy, I tell you.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:08:42 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2004, 02:08:00 pm »
to whypay more....

Before you start spewing all of your worthless uninformed ways...Check with any business...weather it be autos...spas...hair care products.... lawn mowers.... manure which by the way you seem to have a mouth full of its samples...when you became a retailer.... you sign a dealer agreement.... which includes the areas in which you are allowed to sell.... ebay is not one of those...these types of agreements have been in place for over a hundred years here in America...they are done to provide benefits both to the retailer as well as the consumer

whypaymore

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2004, 02:13:52 pm »
to whypay more....

Before you start spewing all of your worthless uninformed ways...Check with any business...weather it be autos...spas...hair care products.... lawn mowers.... manure which by the way you seem to have a mouth full of its samples...when you became a retailer.... you sign a dealer agreement.... which includes the areas in which you are allowed to sell.... ebay is not one of those...these types of agreements have been in place for over a hundred years here in America...they are done to provide benefits both to the retailer as well as the consumer

I am guessing you didn't agree with something I said????

So what is the benifit to a consumer to having to buy from a local dealer that is charging say $8,000 for their product, when there is a dealer 600 miles away selling the exact same product for $2,000 less?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2004, 02:13:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42