What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy or Optima  (Read 7954 times)

mowgli

Envoy or Optima
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:08:46 pm »
thanks to all of you I have narrowed it down to these.  No the major question-which one!  They seem similar-configuation, # of jets, warranty, etc.  Both salespeople had a great "rap"  But the price: the envoy was quoted at $8500 plus $400 for the Everfresh sytem.  The Optima was quoted at $8595 including ozone system and a step (step is extra for the Envoy). What do you think?  Note I have not negotiated at all with either salesperson as I am waiting until purchase but each told me there is no "room!"  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Envoy or Optima
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:08:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Envoy or Optima
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:29:43 pm »
At this point I think you need to think long and hard about which you would buy if all things were equal and don't be discouraged from asking again if they can give you a better deal (be pleasant but firm). Then go to or call each dealer and tell him or her theirs is one of two final choices (name the other one as it'll tell them you have a legitimate other choice) and ask him to make his absolute best offer. Take the two offers in hand and get the spa you truly want with all things being equal unless that is the higher priced one and the difference matters. If it is the higher priced one you have to decide if the price difference stops you. In reality this spa will be with you for many years so a small difference should not sway you but I can't say how much of a difference matters to you. In the end get what you truly think is best for you!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

needaspa

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 07:34:03 pm »
On the table, I have an offer of 7200 plus tax for an Optima with:

LED light
CD Ozone
Cover
Lifter
Chemicals

I think a fair price would be 6500 for the above.  Your 8600 figure is quite high.  The dealer is not going to give you his absolute best price in a day - be prepared to negotiate at least for a couple of weeks or even months.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:28:25 pm »
lol......wheeeew......thats right needspa......most dealers find that it is always best to drag out for months the dreaded act of making a sale...lol...you are good....improv right...did I catch you there...are you available for parties.....if so... show me an invoice and I just might get you some work....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 10:35:52 pm »
What happened to your $6500 price?
Brewman
Brewman

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 11:13:17 pm »
yeah...............you can negotitate all you want over the next few years, and you won't get the dealer to give you the optima for 6500$..............I've seen this tactic before.  Come in once a month and haggle us with the ol...............i want this spa..............this is the one for me.............but I'm not gonna pay that price for it.  So every time you come in we give you the SAME price.............everytime you come in for the next two years................and you still ask...when is the best time to buy........don't these things ever go on sale????...............It drives me nuts, we advertise a spa sale for 5 weeks in the paper.........and now people wanna know when the next sale is..............then people like you needaspa moan and groan b/c our costs go up so we have to raise our prices by a few hundred dollars............it never ends i tell ya

Electro

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 12:37:03 am »
mowgli,

Repeating the info that I provided in a couple other threads: My study of all prices quoted here over a 2-year period for the Sundance Optima showed the typical sales price was between $7700 and $8000.  The high was $8400 and the lowest price was $7300.

Electro

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 12:41:20 am »
Electro

really some good information....a lot of work on your part....thank you for the sound input....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 12:41:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42