What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what hot tub to buy  (Read 31688 times)

nikki

what hot tub to buy
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:41:56 am »
 ???i want to buy a hot tub but only have $3000 to spend.what kind of hot tub do you think i can buy for it?i went and looked at a tiger river hot tub and there are $2000 more then what i wnt to spend but they have 2003 models left do you think i can them down.or should i keep looking sum where else.any help would be great.thank you

Hot Tub Forum

what hot tub to buy
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:41:56 am »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: what hot tub to buy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 09:47:57 am »
I would suggest look for a used one. You will not find a quality new spa for $3,000 (unless you only want a 2 person tub).

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 09:51:28 am »
???i want to buy a hot tub but only have $3000 to spend.what kind of hot tub do you think i can buy for it?

My friends were in almost the same situation a couple of years ago. (They had $2500)  They ended up with a 4 person Cal spa.  Most people here will say Cal doesn't have the greatest reputation and my friend indeed has had some problems, but they have worked around them, but are still in love having a spa.

I would never buy this spa, but it has worked out for them.  If you go into a dealer and tell them your absolute dollar amount most will work with you knowing that if it works out for you that you maybe back for a better model in the future, or if that one works out they know they may get referrals from you.

We often talk about being comfortable with the dealer as an important reason to pick a spa, in this price range it may be especially true.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 11:55:40 am »
As Gary said you can get a nice 2 person spa new for that price...it might be even called a 3 person but 2 is what it will fit with comfort...Does a 2 person spa work for you...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:56:30 am by Mendocino101 »

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 02:08:35 pm »
Nikki:
Hotspring and Sundance both offer lower priced brands.  Hotspring offers the Solana brand.  The Solana has two spas in the $3,000 dollar price range. The two spas are the RX which is a round spa that seats 4 people and the TX witch is a triangular spa that seats 2.  The TX also has Hotspring's signature jet, the moto-massage.  Both should b e priced in the $3,000 to $3,500 range.
Sundance also offers a lower end spa.  The name of the brand is called Del Sol.  The Sel Sol has 1 spa in your price range called the Redondo.  It is just like the Solana Rx a round spa that seats 4 people.  The price for this spa should be in the the same range as the Solana RX and TX.  Del Sol also offers a 6 person spa, but this may be a little out of your price range.  It is usually priced around $3,500 and $4,000.  
I would recommend these two websites to research these spas:  www.solanaspas.com and www.delsolspas.com
If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Chris H.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 02:34:27 pm »
. The two spas are the RX which is a round spa that seats 4 people and the TX which is a triangular spa that seats 2.   

www.solanaspas.com .

Sure enough, a triangular spa. Now I have seen everthing  ;D  (not meant to disparage)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 02:40:25 pm »
How many posts do I need to make before I get bumped up to two stars?

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 02:59:16 pm »
Not many more, but to get Ultimate (we are not worthy and bow before greatness) it's 200

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
I don't have enough time to waste to get to 200.

t6texan

• Tiger River Begal
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 04:33:02 pm »
 Nikki  i to was in the same price range $3000.00 but when i kept looking i finaly found  a used tiger River Bengal fo $4000.00 from my local Hot springs dealer and setled on it . its a cadilac compared to what i could have got for my $3000.00. In fact they  just delivered my used Bengal today,but unfortunatly it is raining and they can't make final electrical conections on the plug outlet box with rain going on  :(  I guess this will have to wait till Friday if it  clears up.Then i can have my first soak sometime this weekend. Hang in there Nikki maybe you can find  a used spa like we did. Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 04:33:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42