What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions About Hot Spot SX  (Read 106556 times)

ridgerunner

Questions About Hot Spot SX
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »
I am so glad I found this forum :).  I have read John-Duck's review of the Hot Spot SX and I would like to ask a few questions.  Thanks for a great review.  My local dealer does not have this tub in stock so I cannot do a wet test.  I need a small tub that will help with neck and shoulder problems.  I cannot use a full lounger like the Jet Setter, because the jets are too strong and I float in it.  I am not quite 5' 4" and I wonder if the SX shoulder jets might hit high enough to almost massage my neck as well.  Could some advise the distance from the seat to the precision jets?  Does anyone have experience with the 115V 30Amp set up?  Our old big tub was plugged into a dedicated outlet of that type...it was not hard wired.  Will this work with SX or will we have to install a sub panel?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:13:10 pm by ridgerunner »

Hot Tub Forum

Questions About Hot Spot SX
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »

ridgerunner

Re: Questions About Hot Spot SX
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »
I found an SX that I was able to sit in dry.  I must say the reclining seat with precision jets felt like I was in my recliner.  I did a wet test in the TX and the seat with the precision jets (but no pillow like the SX) was fairly comfortable, but not exactly what I am looking for.  I was not able to stay in the seat with the moto-massage.  There was nowhere to brace my feet and I floated.  I am not quite 5'4".  I have called many dealers trying to locate an SX with water, but have been unsuccessful.  Would I be foolish to order an SX without a wet test?  I am thinking I should wait, but would like to have other opinions.
Thanks,
ridgerunner

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:02 am »
A wet test would be best, of course, but if you are open to setting a weight belt on your lap to enjoy the jets, you might be alright. Some of our customers have tried various tubs in which they floated, and the thought of weighing themselves down to stay put just never seemed like a good idea - they did not get to enjoy the tub they really wanted. Others have given it a go, and were rewarded by having many other models open up to them.

Give it some thought -

Also you asked about the hard-wired 30 amp on the SX. Be aware that this tub has a 1000 watt heater. It's obviously not a huge tub, and 1000 watts gets and keeps it hot. But if you go 30 amp 110 you still have 1000 watts: but you can then run both heat and jets concurrently. The tub can convert to 220 Volt 50 Amp, and that is when the heater jumps to 4000 watts. The difference between the cost of installation of hardwiring at 30A 110V and 50A 220V may not be much, and the extra heating capacity is worth every penny in my opinion.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ridgerunner

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:59 am »
Thanks Chas.  I will continue to search for an SX tub to wet test.  I have muscle problems with my neck, shoulders and back and if the jets did not hit the right spots I would be greatly disappointed.  A dealer in a town not too far from home offered to fill one up, but since I am working with a dealer closer to home I did not feel right putting them to all that trouble.   The weight belt is a great idea.  What is in front of the weight belt, in the picture?  Thanks, also, for the advice about the electrical set up.
ridgerunner

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:41:14 am »
The belts ship empty, and you can fill them with whatever you have. I found that aquarium gravel is cheap, clean, and small enough in size that it conforms to whatever shape it needs to so it sits comfortably on your lap.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:41:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42