What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 2007 J-345 Ozonator went out.  (Read 4809 times)

Fungi

Jacuzzi 2007 J-345 Ozonator went out.
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »
I noticed the ozonator quit working. When I open her up I see water in the lines! I just replaced the check valves and flow restrictor a few months ago. Now I see the check valves were apparently bad. Both failed and now I'm buying a $100.00 ozonator. I used two of them with the flow restrictor in between them. How could both of them fail like this. They are not very old? I have to try and remember where I bought them from. Not that they will do anything about it, but more so I don't buy from them ever again.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 2007 J-345 Ozonator went out.
« on: March 30, 2011, 05:47:17 pm »

clover

Re: Jacuzzi 2007 J-345 Ozonator went out.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:43:31 am »
Check valves are a one way street sucking air, or in this case ozone, into the water system by venturri action usually coming into the lower footwell where you see many mini bubbles rising to the surface. 

When installing a check valve blow into it from both directions.  Only one direction should allow you to blow through it and is marked by a "flow" arrow.  The other direction should not allow any air, or water from going back into the ozonator.  IF you can blow through it both ways, it is a BAD check valve.

A bad check valve is possible, but two? 

Now this is where I ask, are you familiar with the ozone inlet in the footwell, to which the homeowner says yes.  Have you ever felt the heat coming out of the same inlet?  Some say yes.  Well, some restrict the water from from coming into the footwell as they investigate with their toes.  Block the entry and you "force" the water presssure to build up and forces the water back through the check valve in the ozone line and into the ozonator.  This is a posibillity.

When installing your ozone line that attaches to the mazzie injector to which your check valve line is attached to should be "looped" to go above the water level.  This prevents the natural back flow IF the check valve fails.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
Check valves are a one way street sucking air, or in this case ozone, into the water system by venturri action usually coming into the lower footwell where you see many mini bubbles rising to the surface. 

When installing a check valve blow into it from both directions.  Only one direction should allow you to blow through it and is marked by a "flow" arrow.  The other direction should not allow any air, or water from going back into the ozonator.  IF you can blow through it both ways, it is a BAD check valve.

A bad check valve is possible, but two? 

Now this is where I ask, are you familiar with the ozone inlet in the footwell, to which the homeowner says yes.  Have you ever felt the heat coming out of the same inlet?  Some say yes.  Well, some restrict the water from from coming into the footwell as they investigate with their toes.  Block the entry and you "force" the water presssure to build up and forces the water back through the check valve in the ozone line and into the ozonator.  This is a posibillity.

When installing your ozone line that attaches to the mazzie injector to which your check valve line is attached to should be "looped" to go above the water level.  This prevents the natural back flow IF the check valve fails.

+ 1 on all this.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42