What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Help Needed !  (Read 6264 times)

Zman2334

Jacuzzi Help Needed !
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:57:19 pm »
This is my first post so hopefully someone has an answer for me. I have a Jacuzzi Hot Tub ,Model # F280000, MFG# 9506-04, Serial # 647120.  The display keeps coming up OH I  know this means overheat protection  but, what could be wrong and where should I start in fixing this. It isnt a false reading either because the water does get too Hot to get in. I read elsewhere that it could be clogged filters so they were just replaced a week ago. All was fine then a few days later it started reading OH again. I would much rather do this repair myself so I don't get nickel and dimed by a professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:35:00 pm by Zman2334 »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Help Needed !
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:57:19 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Jacuzzi Help Needed !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »
could be a couple of things. whats happening is the temp sensor going to the tub and the one on the heater are way off in temp, when it goes to  OH its shutting off the heater,, so could be temp sensor, ,, I see you replaced the filters, are there any prescreens under the filter or have you checked the suction fittings,,,What i would also do is call your local Jacuzzi dealer and just ask him some questions, he may be able to tell you  better what to check and go from there.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Jet Sitter

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »
zman - As a consumer, I too would prefer to do the repair myself, rather than pay a service man for a repair that is not covered by warranty, assuming that it is within my abilities.  If you must pay a professional however, it may be that you are paying him a fair price for his work, rather than being "nickel and dimed".

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:32:33 pm »
 Looking at those numbers he put up that spa sounds like it may have been a older Home Depot spa?  Either way its well out of warranty. 

Sounds like what ejf could be happening.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 05:09:24 pm »
If older Home Depot type, many Jacuzzi dealers would not be familiar with it.  Is that correct, Jim?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:58:46 pm »
   Pretty much, depending on dealer I suppose.  I ran the serial# through the Jacuzzi system and nothing came up for a history.

Zman2334

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »
You are right with the "nickel and Dimed" comment what I meant was that every time a tech would come out they are probably going to charge me a service fee plus all the parts and labor. Where if I do the labor I would just pay for the parts. As for where it was purchased I dont know we bought it at a house sale about 8 years ago and it's been problem free ever since. Any more ideas ??

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
Thanks Jim,
your right being a Home Depot spa the local Jacuzzi dealer may not be as familiar with it....Zman, did you check to see if there is a screen under the filter? Did your check your suction fittings ? are there any blockage? did you check the temp sensors? i didn't see if you responded just that you wanted to do his yourself and not pay a tech , but did not see any response to some possible scenarios...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Zman2334

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:06 pm »
nothing blocked. Didnt touch temp sensors yet. Are there 1 or 2 temp  sensors on this one? anyone know?

Zman2334

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »
So I took the filters out and let it run and heat up at different temp intervals and it shuts off when it should. Like I said the filters are 2 weeks old. Any suggestions on what I should do? The filters are round cylinders with solid tops, should I cut holes in the top of the filters? Or could it be something else?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 06:26:40 am »
So I took the filters out and let it run and heat up at different temp intervals and it shuts off when it should. Like I said the filters are 2 weeks old. Any suggestions on what I should do? The filters are round cylinders with solid tops, should I cut holes in the top of the filters? Or could it be something else?

If the filters are new and clean and your still not getting proper water flow your pump may be getting weak. How is the flow from the pump?
Retired

Zman2334

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:22 am »
Stupid question but how would I know what the flow is supposed to be ? It seems to be normal? Like I stated it is an old tub and doesnt have the types of jets like todays tubs. I think there are only 6 jets in the whole thing. Do pumps die gradually or shut quit ? 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »
Stupid question but how would I know what the flow is supposed to be ? It seems to be normal? Like I stated it is an old tub and doesnt have the types of jets like todays tubs. I think there are only 6 jets in the whole thing. Do pumps die gradually or shut quit ? 

If it seems like the pump flow is normal then it's likely not the problem. Pumps can get weak over time. If it were me I would try a new pump but I have the luzury of having pumps in the garage to try.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42