What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PC board replacement on a Jacuzzi J-345  (Read 5846 times)

gdal

PC board replacement on a Jacuzzi J-345
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »
Hello everyone ...

I recently purchased a house with a 2006 Jacuzzi J-345.  We recently had a thunderstorm that screwed up the PC board (Heater Relay is bad).  Everything works except the heat.  I got quoted $435 for this repair. Is this something that can be tackled by someone with some mechanical/electrical aptitude? 

I'm trying to find a tutorial or someone that can guide me through this process.

thanks in advance,
G

Hot Tub Forum

PC board replacement on a Jacuzzi J-345
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »

jaysdca

Re: PC board replacement on a Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »
Its a piece of cake.  Turn off the power first.  It doesnt hurt to take a couple pictures of how it is wired before you disconnect the old board.  Some of the things are labeled but if you are unsure of yourself, just number each of the wires with a little tape and you cant screw it up.  For the most part, it should take you all of about 15 minutes.

gdal

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:58:39 pm »
I appreciate the help. 

I had some time today to remove the board.  It was really easy.  I took my time because I took pictures and labeled the wires.  I sent it out for repair (bad heater relay).  I'll report back once I get the board fixed.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:05:15 pm »
 Was the 435.00 for a new board and installed? 

gdal

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »
I'm assuming that I was quoted for a new one ... the written estimate stated $300 for a board $120 installation (plus tax).  From what I have read, these tubs have crappy pc boards and the only issue with mine was a bad heat relay.  I am having both heat relays replaced with better ones.

Hopefully I made the right decision here.  It's a nice tub that's in great condition.

gdal

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:57 pm »
Well, I had a chance to install my board today.  The heat is working great, but now I lost Pump #2.  I can hear a "clicking" sound whenever I hit the button, but the pump doesn't turn on.  The technician that repaired the board stated that he reconditioned the etching for the pump relays.  Maybe he messed up the relay?  I sent him an email and I'm waiting for a response.  The board has a 90 day warranty.

Is there's anything I can do in order to troubleshoot this pump while I wait for his answer?
Thanks in advance.

gdal

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
The repair tech is going to send me another board on Monday.  I hope everything goes well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42