What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: silk balance vs ace salt water  (Read 10466 times)

sstrahan7@msn.com

silk balance vs ace salt water
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:47 am »
Hello, Have began researching spa's for a purchase hopefully within the next year. I have found your forum very helpful and have had most my questions answered from searching back posts. But, I haven't found much discussion on silk balance or the ace saltwater system. Any User's, Dealers, or Repair-tech's out there with any information or opinions would be great. I am looking for a hassle free water care system that is clean, gentle, and FRESH smelling (alot of hot tub fumes make me cough and I find it hard to breathe-not very relaxing when that happens). Thanks in advance :)

Hot Tub Forum

silk balance vs ace salt water
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:47 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: silk balance vs ace salt water
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
Hello, Have began researching spa's for a purchase hopefully within the next year. I have found your forum very helpful and have had most my questions answered from searching back posts. But, I haven't found much discussion on silk balance or the ace saltwater system. Any User's, Dealers, or Repair-tech's out there with any information or opinions would be great. I am looking for a hassle free water care system that is clean, gentle, and FRESH smelling (alot of hot tub fumes make me cough and I find it hard to breathe-not very relaxing when that happens). Thanks in advance :)

The thing that get me about AF is the lack of transparancy about what it actually is and since there have been other spa products with similar blind promises that didn't come through I'd like to know what it is that makes it work before I'd buy into it. Then there is the high monthly cost of using it which would actually be the first impediment for me.

Here is some info on them if you want to do some reading.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22952&hl=silk
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:34:24 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

The thing that get me about AF is the lack of transparancy about what it actually is and since there have been other spa products with similar blind promises that didn't come through I'd like to know what it is that makes it work before I'd buy into it. Then there is the high monthly cost of using it which would actually be the first impediment for me.

Silk Balance is not Aqua Finesse.  Different companies.  Different formulas.

Some people are finding the best system is ACE with Silk Balance.  In that case, you cut your use of Silk in half and the bottle lasts twice as long.  You get the best of both worlds and keep your costs down a little.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:46:38 am »

Silk Balance is not Aqua Finesse.  Different companies.  Different formulas.

Some people are finding the best system is ACE with Silk Balance.  In that case, you cut your use of Silk in half and the bottle lasts twice as long.  You get the best of both worlds and keep your costs down a little.

Oops, brain misfire on that one.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:55:37 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sstrahan7@msn.com

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:01:27 am »
I hadn't thought of using them both, that's interesting. I will have to look into that.  Next week I will be wet testing the hotspring and limelight brand at one dealer, and the sundance and jacuzzi at another.  I am getting closer and getting excited. Thanks for the information.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:37:00 pm »
I hadn't thought of using them both, that's interesting. I will have to look into that.  Next week I will be wet testing the hotspring and limelight brand at one dealer, and the sundance and jacuzzi at another.  I am getting closer and getting excited. Thanks for the information.

in my opinion there is not much benefit of using both, go with the ACE System and keep a 2lb bottle of chlorine on hand in case you experience a heavy bather load (kids b-day party, multiple guests over, etc.) and in that case you can supplement with a little chlorine if need be. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:37:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42