What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi support  (Read 6243 times)

hottubcharlie

Jacuzzi support
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »
Hi,

New to the forum. We are looking at buying the J 470 or the J 365. Will be wet testing soon. My concern is parts availability and customer service. I know by reading past post that maybe there has been some issues. Does anyone have any updated experiences with jacuzzi parts or support.

The J 470 will be around 10k plus tax. That includes cover, cover lift, steps, ozonator, chemicals, delivery and setup plus taking away our old spa. The J 365 is about $2,400 less.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi support
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Jacuzzi support
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:56 am »
Issues? There are no "issues".

Other than perhaps unfounded rumors from competing dealers.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:57 am »
I really like the 400 Series over the 300 series. They have a better filtration system and a better circulation pump. The 470 also has a much nicer reflexology dome in the center of the footwell.

mouth

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:26:24 am »
We wet tested a J365 and although it was nice, after testing comparable models from Caldera & Sundance we choose a Sundance. We actually spent a little more than anticipated, but we went with a Sundance Optima. I would say IMO this is even a little higher quality than the J470.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »
  Did you wet test the J-470?  If not too bad,  you can't really compare the J-365 to the Optima.      You still bought a nice spa though!

NewTubOwner

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:41:13 pm »
from what I was told about Jacuzzi is that they are now making there product in mexico.
there is a dealer buy us that carried them and now are out of buisness.
i was also told parts a a pain to get for that brand of spa.
true? ???

CA_Strom

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »
from what I was told about Jacuzzi is that they are now making there product in mexico.
true? ???

Total BS.  Jacuzzi factory is about two miles from my house, they're located in Chino CA.  Parts are very easy to get from any dealer.

hottubcharlie

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »
Thanks for the input. I haven't wet tested any of them yet. I sat in the 365 dry but have pretty much decided to wet test the 470. I haven't ruled out the optima yet either. I am waiting for the dealer to get it set up in the showroom, then I will try and wet test both of them on the same day.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »
true? ???

Where do you think that Sundance is coming from, the only thing done in Mexico is the shells, the rest is built in Chino for both brands.   Also Sundance uses the exact same components internally as Jacuzzi except for jets and filtration and a few other odds and  ends.  

You were misinformed my friend!!     If it was the Sundance dealer that told you that, its even worse than anyone else saying it.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:17:16 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

SpaGuy911

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »
Mexico or not, who cares.  I'm a firm believer a hot tub is a hot tub, the only thing you can determin whos the best is the stats.  performance and apearance is whats gonna differ

SpaGuy911

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »
is anything really made in america still? fully?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42