What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spammers  (Read 3586 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
spammers
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:39:53 pm »
Just so you know, I get a real kick out of banning you and deleting your posts..yeah it is some sort of perverse power thing...so go ahead....MAKE MY DAY!!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

spammers
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:39:53 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: spammers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:25:26 am »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Get'm Boni!  :D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:28:18 pm »
Just so you know, I get a real kick out of banning you and deleting your posts..yeah it is some sort of perverse power thing...so go ahead....MAKE MY DAY!!

I promise to cut back.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »
What about "Michael Vick for MVP" posts?  ;D

Merry Christmas, Boni!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 10:33:51 pm »
Merry Christmas!!.. ;D..Still not liking Vick..MVP or not ..guess that is not very forgiving of me...and I would never delete your posts..Dax!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 02:48:13 pm »
With the snow storm upon us and the Eagles game postponed until Tuesday night, rather than sit in freezing temps and a blizzard in an outdoor stadium, I now plan on sitting in the hot tub with the Mrs and a couple bottles of champagne and watch the snow come down.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 03:04:49 pm »
that was the best thing that could have happened Dax...I was dreading being stuck in the house with two crazy men yelling obscenities at the TV!! Instead, a nice fire, good food and peace and quiet...Go Eagles...to next Tuesday when I can get out and go shopping...lol   ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 07:20:27 am »
Just a reminder, don't respond to spammers, it makes it more difficult to clean up the threads afterward.  Most of the time they never see it anyway, the posts are usually robotic.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:55 am »
Oh Bill, you mean I am getting angry with a robot? but doesn't some person have to create the account? 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 10:31:26 am »
Oh Bill, you mean I am getting angry with a robot? but doesn't some person have to create the account? 

Most times yes, but I was reminding people not to reply to spammers in the same thread as the forum software stops you from removing the first message in a thread.  I believe there are programmers out there who write programs for specific forum software that does all the registration, verification, and message posting all automatically.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BNMac

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 12:45:23 am »
I run a board based on phpBB version 3, I added a question to the registration pane that requires a human to answer.  The question can be simple, but it requires a person to read and understand it, then answer it appropriately.  For example:
Is the USA north of Canada?
or
How many adjoining states are there on the west coast of the USA?

Simple answer, but a bot cannot answer them because the question is not commonly found on all boards.  Without an answer, or with an incorrect answer, the registration fails.

For awhile, I was sending a registration email to the prospective member,  This filters all bots, but it also filtered some that were real people due to pilot error on their part. 

Good luck fighting spam... I've left boards because of spam and lack of board maintenance, which was the genesis of the spam-free one that I now own.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:26:57 am »
No spammers last night, perhaps if we could zone out all of China from the internet it might help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 09:26:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42