What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the Jacuzzi J-210 portable hot tub a good one?  (Read 9406 times)

Peter R

Is the Jacuzzi J-210 portable hot tub a good one?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:26 pm »
I found this for sale online and thought that expert opinions would be helpful.

Here's the url:http://stmichaelscollegeschool.vonality.com/detail.asp?id=168&n=Portable-Jacuzzi-Hot-Tub

Here's the description in the listing:
Portable Jacuzzi Hot Tub

The lucky winning bidder of this auction package will receive an incredible J-210 portable hot tub.

At 6' 6" in diameter and with four specific therapy stations, the round hot tub is perfect for a party of four.  The portable hot tub is compact, so finding the perfect place for it is not a problem.  Electrical set up requires no hardwiring - it only needs to be plugged into a standard/grounded 120V outlet.  Equipped with a comfortable foot mound and an adjustable diverting whirlpool jet that propels the swirling water, the J-210 spa creates an oasis for conversation and relaxation.

Thanks, Peter

Hot Tub Forum

Is the Jacuzzi J-210 portable hot tub a good one?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:26 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Is the Jacuzzi J-210 portable hot tub a good one?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 12:15:42 am »
I found this for sale online and thought that expert opinions would be helpful.

Here's the url:http://stmichaelscollegeschool.vonality.com/detail.asp?id=168&n=Portable-Jacuzzi-Hot-Tub

Here's the description in the listing:
Portable Jacuzzi Hot Tub

The lucky winning bidder of this auction package will receive an incredible J-210 portable hot tub.

At 6' 6" in diameter and with four specific therapy stations, the round hot tub is perfect for a party of four.  The portable hot tub is compact, so finding the perfect place for it is not a problem.  Electrical set up requires no hardwiring - it only needs to be plugged into a standard/grounded 120V outlet.  Equipped with a comfortable foot mound and an adjustable diverting whirlpool jet that propels the swirling water, the J-210 spa creates an oasis for conversation and relaxation.

Thanks, Peter

It's a decent little soaker tub. Not a tonne of comfort nor therapy but a great start and better than a pokey thing in the eye!  ;)

Oh, and you won't be impressed if you're operating it in a cold climate as on 120V, the heater shuts off when the pumps are turned on and these will cool off quickly in cold weather. I'd upgrade to a 240V system and you'll be MUCH happier!

Steve

Jet Sitter

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:10 am »
I am a fan of simple useful tubs.  90% of the experience is about sitting in hot water.  The j-210 has different seating heights which is great because it allows you to move up when you get too warm, down when you want more heat - some round tubs don't have much variation.  Although there is not great variety in the jetting, the jets are mainly the larger jets that move more volume.  Some tubs have many small bullet jets that tend to itch after a relatively short time.  The tub has two foot jets which is very nice - I am a big fan of foot jets.  As for comfort, I find the open and more upright seating in the round tubs is comfortable for a much wider range of people than the more contoured seats that fit some people but not others.  The tub has a diverter valve and air controls to allow you to direct the power where you want it if you really want lots of jetting in a seat so you get to most out of the single pump.  As for 120 vs 240, it is true that on 120 you cannot run the jets and heater at the same time.  However, for most people this will not be an issue.  Most people are in the tub for on a regular basis for 30 minutes or less and the tub won't cool down much during that time.  If it is really cold or you want to stay in a long time, crank the tub up to 104 and let it warm before you get in - most people normally have a tub set at 102 give or take.  If you have small kids and they will be getting in, keep the temp lower.  The tub will be simple to operate and own.  Only one pump to potentially fail, no headrests to replace (these seem nice but in reality are not so great), no fountain, music systme etc and will have very low energy use thanks to small size, form and well insulated design.  I have a different tub but in my market the were selling these j-210s for about $6000 - way overpriced.  I could have had a nice comparable tub, the Marquis Envy for abour $4000 locally.  I don't know what your market is like but it seems that if you can get it with cover, chemicals, installed for $3500 or less you will be getting a good deal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42