What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi rumor?  (Read 6019 times)

soaknit

jacuzzi rumor?
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:48 pm »
In talking to a spa dealer recently he said he had heard Jacuzzi was thinking of moving their operation to Canada, maybe being bought by another company? Or just relocating to a cheaper labor situation? I hear that Jacuzzi does not make pool parts anymore, or Jacuzzi pumps and have left the pool business part of their division & home bathtubs as well? I am concerned because I was going to pull the trigger on a J-365. He said this is fairly recent info and not generally known.
I hope this is BS. Also I thought Sundance was aquired by Jacuzzi and that they are both made in the same factory in CA but different assemply lines. Does anyone know if any of this is true? He also stated that if you have a Jacuzzi tub more than 4 years old it is hard to get Jacuzzi parts. Anyone!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi rumor?
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:48 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: jacuzzi rumor?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:33:08 pm »
 B.S.!!!   If a Canadian company or anybody was going to buy Jacuzzi they better have deep pockets.  Jacuzzi is owned by Apollo group which is huge and traded on the NYSE.  They are not moving to Canada.  Just the rights to the Jacuzzi name alone would probably cost millions.   All this coming from another dealer?  LOL   ::)

I would say I wouldn't be surprised if they left California,(their not) but plenty of other places to build spas and don't have to deal with all the California politics. 1 big one would be this group called the EPA  ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:39:24 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »
I believe Apollo Group is private equity and does not trade on NYSE.  That being said, sounds like an unlikely rumor.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:43 pm »
Thats a pretty good rumor , said by a dealer that he heard..... I also would not believe that story as....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:55 pm »
 Talked to the rep today, got a laugh out of her about it.

Traded on NASDAQ instead.  Pretty sure it's this corporation?

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:APOL

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:46:37 pm »
I hear that Jacuzzi does not make pool parts anymore, or Jacuzzi pumps and have left the pool business part of their division & home bathtubs as well?

This isn't 100% correct, but you'll get the gist of it. "Jacuzzi" has been MORE than a single company for some 20+ years now. The original Jacuzzi consisted of 4 brothers. They split, eons ago, into 3 different companies. Jacuzzi Brothers, Jacuzzi Whirlpool, and Jacuzzi Spas. Jacuzzi Spas (now Jacuzzi Premium) NEVER made pool parts or pumps...Jacuzzi Brothers didn't make spas...Jacuzzi Whirlpool didn't make pumps.

Basically, for over 20 years now the word "Jacuzzi" has only been the first half, of the name, of three completely different companies.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:42:25 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »
Apollo Management owns Jacuzzi.  They are a private equity firm.  Apollo Group is a publicly traded for profit education company.  They are the owner of University of Phoenix, which is a for profit college.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:17 pm »
I too thought that Jacuzzi was owned by a private equity group and wasn't publicly traded.  They own quite a few large companies.

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:37 pm »
I too thought that Jacuzzi was owned by a private equity group and wasn't publicly traded.  They own quite a few large companies.

It is privately owned.

Apollo Management is a private equity group. 

Apollo Group is a publicly traded education for profit company. 

They are two separate entities.  One has nothing to do with the other.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

soaknit

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »
so I guess it's safe to go ahead and buy a Jacuzzi Hot Tub? It amazes me what the competition will say about each other. Just when i think I have it figured out..........BAM right in the kisser!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42