What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: $145 Service Call Cost To Much!  (Read 8878 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: $145 Service Call Cost To Much!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:50 am »
This kind of all goes back to who, in this economy, can afford to be a hot tub owner? Tubs are expensive, the set up is expensive, and with energy rates increasing (at least mine will in 2011 because of deregulation) the cost to run the tub is expensive, no matter how well insulated. So top that off with expensive repair costs... It is truly a luxury item, more now than ever. I'm glad that I got my tub when I did because I probably would not be able to buy one today.  :-\

Now see Boni...that's exactly why the industry is struggling! We've done a poor job at getting people to understand the need of a spa. Your spa should be more important than your big screen TV simply because of the health benifits but no one looks at it that way. People bought $3500 to $5000 eliptical machines instead of going outside for a walk and still considered a spa a luxury.

My spa is better for me than my TV, my Motorcycle and my riding lawn mower but most people don't understand that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:50 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 06:28:52 pm »

Stuart, I credit my spa with my recovery from Lyme disease!  :D There is no price that I can put on that....And for anyone with arthritis, Lyme, or even stress related health issues, I honestly believe that there is no better therapy or remedy. But that puts the spa into a different category then what I am talking about.

For people who think it is just a party or status item, I say it is an expense and a luxury. Just like a swimming pool!  And given the economy today and  my current financial situation (and if I didn't know the true health benefits), I could not justify the costs of the tub and associated expenses. So yes, you are right..no one presented a hot tub as a cure for Lyme. But I reasoned that the people that I knew who recovered after having chronic Lyme talked about heat and long soaks in bath tubs. So a more logical solution was a hot tub that allowed you to soak up to your neck. I have told many many friends who suffer from Lyme that the answer is a hot tub.

I can tell you something else..and you will find this funny, but it is true..for those ladies looking to lose a few pounds and get rid of cellulite..the hot tub (with good therapy jets) is the answer. It works..and I can't believe no one has ever discovered this before.  ;) :D

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 06:28:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42