What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Heat Motor going bad?  (Read 7813 times)

Shanezam203

Jacuzzi Heat Motor going bad?
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:40 am »
I have a Jacuzzi j 345 and I can now HEAR a pump making noise, I turn the temp down some and it goes away...  back UP and it comes back, can my heat pump be going bad?

Interestinly I am losing water also, last few nights I have been down a significant amount.  any connection, what is the fix?

Thank you,
Shane

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Heat Motor going bad?
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:40 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Jacuzzi Heat Motor going bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
Probably no connection.  Heat pump could be going bad.  If it doesn't bug you though, you could ignore it until it stops.

For the loss of water, I would look in equipment compartment and see if you can see where it is leaking.  Do you have ozone?  Could be an ozone check valve.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

yacuzzi Jim

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:56 am »
 With the amount of calcium build up you had in your spa it's not surprising your pump is making noise and may fail or you might get lucky?  As for losing the water my guess is when you shut the circ pump down by lowering the temp the water is backing up to the check valves and leaking there as Dan suggested.  Open the front and take a look, you might have to replace the check valves and the vinyl tubing that runs to the ozonator.

Shanezam203

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:34:08 pm »
Thanks I will take a look. 

What is a ballpark price for a replacement Heat pump?   8)

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 03:39:04 pm »
J345 uses a Laing Circ pump right? If so The price isn't bad... A couple hundred bucks. Calcium Kills these pumps fast sometimes.

Shanezam203

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:20 pm »
J345 uses a Laing Circ pump right? If so The price isn't bad... A couple hundred bucks. Calcium Kills these pumps fast sometimes.

Thank you, I am ok changing it with my dad, he is an electrician.  But 100% there is no connection here with loss of water?

That 100% is something else?

Thank you,
Shane

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:17:35 am »
How much water, how fast?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Shanezam203

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 01:40:16 pm »
How much water, how fast?

I'm in it 1 night and the next day a few feet are gone.   1/4 of tub. 

I do have it set to cycle the pumps once or twice a day, but where is the water going?

Thanks,
Shane

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 04:40:19 am »
...I'm in it 1 night and the next day a few feet are gone...

Whoa, a few FEET?  Really?  In that case, you DO have a MAJOR problem and SHOULD be able to see water leaking at that rate.  And it could well be related to your noise (water spraying on pump causing premature failure).  Do you have a drain underneath the area where the tub is that is carrying away the leaked water?

Take all the side panels off and run the sucker.  Look and listen for leaks by walking around the tub.  It's either that or you live near disneyland's Animal Kingdom and an elephant is draining your tub each night.  Do a search on this site and you will find the video (I think)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Jacuzzi Calgary

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:45:10 am »
Sounds like a circ pump- relating to the noise. The losing water could be related to your ozonator or a plumbing leak. Have you contacted your dealer- Jacuzzi warranty covers pumps, motors, plumbing for a full five years.

Please call me if you have any questions after you contact your dealer.

thanks
Darren Jordison GM
Jacuzzi Premium Spas of Calgary
403-237-8772

2009 Jacuzzi International Distributor of the Year!

Shanezam203

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:36:18 am »
Interesting 1 of the pumps goes on automaticly once a day for circulation...  I only lose water the day after I am in the tub.  (I put on jets 1 and 2)

What does that tell you?  It tells me it is not the HEAT pump because it's been heating at 101 for 1 week and havent lost an inch, but if I run pumps 1 and 2 for an hour, I bet I will lose water... 

thoughts?

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21:05 am »
Interesting 1 of the pumps goes on automaticly once a day for circulation...  I only lose water the day after I am in the tub.  (I put on jets 1 and 2)

What does that tell you?  It tells me it is not the HEAT pump because it's been heating at 101 for 1 week and havent lost an inch, but if I run pumps 1 and 2 for an hour, I bet I will lose water... 

thoughts?

I thought the Jacuzzi's had either a 12 hour or a 24 hour circulation options.  Not "once a day" unless you mean you have it set to the 12 hour or they changed the options.

Can you clarify your statement.  Are you saying that the tub does not leak ANY water for three days without you in it but the day AFTER it looses something like 100 GALLONS (1/4 of the tub) and you don't see ANYTHING on the ground that day?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42