What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-345 problem  (Read 6984 times)

cynbob

Jacuzzi J-345 problem
« on: August 30, 2010, 03:58:23 pm »
I found and repaired a leak in a plastic connector to my Jacuzzi J-345 Hot Tub, but not before the water level dropped below the filter, sucked air and tripped the 60amp breaker. After repairing the connector and refilling the tub to the proper level, I checked operation and everything seemed fine at first but now notice the circulating pump stops working. I noticed the flow switch was open which is in series with the 12ov power supply. I turned on the #1 pump which closed the flow switch and started the circulation pump again but the pump stopped working when I checked it later. The system seems to cycle normally and there are no error codes as yet, but I know the circulation pump is supposed to run constantly. is my circulation pump going bad (most likely)? Is the system air bound or is another problem affecting it? please help.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-345 problem
« on: August 30, 2010, 03:58:23 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-345 problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:51:29 pm »
I found and repaired a leak in a plastic connector to my Jacuzzi J-345 Hot Tub, but not before the water level dropped below the filter, sucked air and tripped the 60amp breaker. After repairing the connector and refilling the tub to the proper level, I checked operation and everything seemed fine at first but now notice the circulating pump stops working. I noticed the flow switch was open which is in series with the 12ov power supply. I turned on the #1 pump which closed the flow switch and started the circulation pump again but the pump stopped working when I checked it later. The system seems to cycle normally and there are no error codes as yet, but I know the circulation pump is supposed to run constantly. is my circulation pump going bad (most likely)? Is the system air bound or is another problem affecting it? please help.

You need to see if it is air locked. Loosen the connection to teh circ pump to see if you can "burp" it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cynbob

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »
That's one of the first things I tried, but maybe it was an air bubble that had to work it's way out because it seems to be working fine now. if not, we'll blame it on sun spots or alien signals. At any rate it's always nice to get the opinion of a professional. I'm still leery of the circ. pump because I know they damage easily when pumping dry but I'll keep checking on it. In the interim, thanks for the help. It was greatly appreciated by a do it yourselfer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42