What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-460 reviews?  (Read 12163 times)

Seaward

Jacuzzi J-460 reviews?
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »
Hello,

I'm considering buying a Jacuzzi J-460 and would like to hear from any J-460 owners out there. Do you like it? Has it been reliable? Anything you wish it did, or didn't do? Also, is $9k a good deal? Price is pre-tax, includes delivery, top, lifter, supply of chemicals, steps...seems to be everything I'll need.

I’m also considering a Hot Springs Prodigy for $9.2 (with saltwater option)...so if you have any thoughts on that, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-460 reviews?
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »

vortmaximum

Re: Jacuzzi J-460 reviews?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:29:10 am »
I recall this post from Jacuzzi Jim about the 465.  I picked up a 470 for 9850 pre tax and same extras.   He said that was a good deal as well as others.  Unknown what he does not like about the 465.  I've heard others talk about the cover lifter going to the back and cover standing on end.  For me I have no issue as it will block out the neighbors.

Re: Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1, Beachcomber, Coast Spas - Recommendations on reliability?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:20:35 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 What Vanguard said is sound advice, from the Jacuzzi end in the 400 series you are stuck with the cover going to the back, IMO the J-465 is a waste of a spa.    J-375/ J-365 are some of my top sellers.

Since your in Canada, surprised you didn't mention Arctic brand spa's, pretty popular up there from what I understand may be worth a look as well? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 02:47:07 pm »
 The J-460 good price BTW is a nice spa no arguments there, same as the J-470/J-480.   Its only the J-465 I don't care for terrible design in m opinion.

J-460 try a wet test if you haven't.   If your a large person may not fit you to well depth wise? 

Seaward

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:59 pm »
J-460 try a wet test if you haven't.   If your a large person may not fit you to well depth wise? 

I'm 6'1", slender build so I am a little concerned about fitting in one. I tried contacting Jacuzzi to see if they could help me find a dealer in Northern CA that has one I could sit in (I'll take dry at this point), but they were negative help. I'm actually a little sour on Jacuzzi after my exchange with their customer service. I feel like I'm working harder for this sale than Jacuzzi is.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 04:43:09 pm »
I'm 6'1", slender build so I am a little concerned about fitting in one. I tried contacting Jacuzzi to see if they could help me find a dealer in Northern CA that has one I could sit in (I'll take dry at this point), but they were negative help. I'm actually a little sour on Jacuzzi after my exchange with their customer service. I feel like I'm working harder for this sale than Jacuzzi is.

In that case I'd concentrate on the dealer. If they sell Jacuzzi and know you want one then they should be making an effort to meet your needs by making one available or checking with other local dealers. If they don't make the extra effort to help make your test desire happen with a potential sale at stake I might wonder what kind of custoemr service you'd see after the sale.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:59:53 pm »

I would do a dealer search, and call any that might be in your area, can't be to many.  At 6'1" guessing the spa may not fit you well anyway.

To add we don't stock a J-460 either just don't sell that many of them and doubt full we would order in unless it was sold.  I would however go to great lengths to find one at another dealer for you to try or find something else that may work that is in stock.   

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 08:16:22 pm »
From the comments made, I'd probably stay away from the 460.  If Jim doesn't even keep that tub in stock, that tells me it's not a great tub.  There has to be a reason it doesn't sell that well.  Jacuzzi makes plenty of spas that will fit you just fine and that you could probably easily test.

The Jetsetter is a great little spa.  I've seen people taller than you fit just fine it the spa.  At the same time, you should wet test it to make sure it fits you.

I agree with SpaTech - really check out your dealer.  See how willing they are to work with you now.  It may be an indicator of how they'll work with you later.  But, if they don't sell a lot of the 460, don't expect them to order it just so you can try it.

Wet test and have fun with it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 08:26:38 pm »
 Part of the reason we don't sell many like maybe 3 in 5 years is that spa was designed to be kind of a small yard space saver with lots of power.   Most homes around here can accommodate larger spa's.  Overall the J-460 is not a bad spa by any means, but for the price you could go in the 300 series and get something with a bit more size.  Really comes down to why you want that particular one, you may not have the space for a slightly larger one or you feel it might work well for you by just looking at the layout.   Its too bad you can't get in one to find out?    You might look at the J-335 lounge mdl or the J-345 the dealer should have one of those if not bag it and look somewhere else.

Seaward

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »
Really comes down to why you want that particular one, you may not have the space for a slightly larger one or you feel it might work well for you by just looking at the layout.

It's all about the size...the spot I have is limited to 87". Both the J-460 and the Vanguard would fit nicely. I'm probably going to do a wet test of the Prodigy tomorrow. If that goes well, I think I may just go ahead with that one.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:30:01 pm by Seaward »

Seaward

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:12 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a D1 Arena. I probably would have gone with the J460 or the 345, but my dealer was not responsive at all and my contact with the company itself was a pretty bad experience. It gave me some real concerns about the quality of support I would receive and the product.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42