What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring JetSetter spa will not start  (Read 8333 times)

cubabit

Hot Spring JetSetter spa will not start
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »
Hi,

I recently bought a house that had a HotSpring JetSetter spa fitted. I have never owned a spa before. It was December when we moved in and it was too cold for me to want to empty it out - and I did not have a pump. I kept it running through winter at minimum temperature but when the weather got warm enough (about March) I turned off the power to save energy. When the weather was a bit more pleasant and I had time I drained the spa - and was going to refill it but I needed to buy a hose attachment. I filled it up a week later (yesterday) but when it came to powering it up nothing happened. It was not till the sun went down I saw that the blue light that sits above the control panel is flashing. Nothing else is illuminated. I have looked through the manual that was left behind and searched google but nothing mentions what just the panel lamp flashing means. All references are to the power and ready lamps which are both out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring JetSetter spa will not start
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot Spring JetSetter spa will not start
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:17:52 pm »
Cycle the power.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cubabit

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:36 pm »
THanks for the reply. I have turned it off and on many times. I have also removed/replaced the plug in the socket.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »
When you filled the spa, how did you do it?  Did you just put the hose in the tub and let it fill?  It is possible that you have an air bubble in the line. 

Open up the skimmer, find the filter with the gray cap and stand pipe.  Put your hose down this pipe and turn on the water.  Try to get the water to force down the pipe.  If you have a bubble, this will push it out.

Not sure if that is the problem, but it might be worth a try.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

cubabit

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:11:36 am »
Thanks - I'll give it a go. I'm not too optimistic though. I would expect most common faults to be indicated by a flashing power or ready light - not no lights at all apart from the blue panel light. Has anyone ever seen this before on a HotSpring tub?

cubabit

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:14:08 pm »
Hi vanguard, I tried your suggestion but no luck I'm afraid. Any other suggestions? I'm wondering if it's some sort of power fault but it was working (panel was operational) not long ago  :(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:27:06 pm by cubabit »

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »
That's about as technical as I can get on troubleshooting.  One of the techs on here might be able to help.  You could always call the local Hot Spring dealer for suggestions as well.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42