What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Concepts Cover Catch/Covermate III for Jacuzzi 400-series/options???  (Read 19544 times)

Water Boy

Sounds like they've changed materials since '07.   ???   Our lifter is all metal and worth it's weight in gold come winter!  Jeff, I encourage you to continue your search during the summer months, however once the snow flies - be prepared.  Even after brushing a fresh foot of snow off, the water/ice remaining on the cover will hinder any attempts to remove w/o a lifter.  (unless you routinely soak with a partner to assist)  ;D

Removing the cover is the easy part, it's the replacement of the cover in the blowing snow that's a trick!

Keep us posted of your findings... I may be in the market for a new solution in a few years.

I would have to agree. I would highly recommend going with the cover lifter. It is much easier to take on and off with one installed. Plus, it saves wear and tear on your cover as well, vs throwing them on and off. I personally cant imagine using a bigger spa without the cover lifter, but that's just me!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
I personally cant imagine using a bigger spa without the cover lifter, but that's just me!

Actually thats you and 99 44/100 % of spa owners who own a large spa. Then again I wouldn't go without one even if I had a 3 person spa!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Sounds like they've changed materials since '07.   ???   

Yup...Most of their lifters now have plastic, rather than metal mounting brackets.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spasearcher

Hmmm looks like the majority of you are recommending the lifter. They are bringing it with them (install) on Friday so we'll see how I feel about it then....not too pleased about the plastic fittings  >:(

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
As far as I know you can order the covermate 4 direct from Leisure concepts doesn't matter if your a Jacuzzi dealer or not how would they know anyway.

When they first came out, I asked if we could buy them.  We were told that the special Covermate 3's were Jacuzzi dealers only per an agreement with Jacuzzi.  I thought it was weird since we stock the Sundance Covermate 1, but I wasn't too worried about it.  We don't move a ton of the manufacturer specific Covermate 1's that we do stock.  Leisure Concepts has some lifts that are made for a particular spa manufacturer that they don't cross market to the general dealer channel.  Off the top of my head, I think the Clearwater, Marquis and Thermospas Covermate 1 variations are protected as well as the Covermate 3's that are designed for the various Jacuzzi 400 tubs.  I really don't have a problem with it.  But it does allow dealers to charge whatever the (restricted) market will bear for a product that is literally the only cover lift that will work with that spa.

You're right that most non-Jacuzzi dealers could probably get away with getting one from them (I should say 4 since they only sell case quantity).  Unfortunately we've bought from them for a long time buying a couple hundred at a time.  They know who we are, that we're not a Jacuzzi dealer, and they won't sell them to us. 

Jet Sitter

I'd much rather have a system that brings the cover down LOWER behind the tub (yet off the ground/thinking of the winter months) and had a look at alternatives and the only thing I could find was the "cover catch" from Leisure Concepts and the Rock-It by Cover Valet (not even sure if these are compatible with 400-series?).

Did you take a look at the Cover Caddy by Cover Valet?  I think that it might do the trick but you'd have to ask the dealers regarding quality.

spasearcher

Yep - found Cover Valet online a few days ago and mentioned it to my Jacuzzi dealer they knew about that system and are checking it out. Electrical is being installed today tub delivered tomorrow....I just might end up with a $300 credit if we don't go with a lifter. That a lot of chemical supplies for the tub methinks LOL  ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
I just might end up with a $300 credit if we don't go with a lifter. That a lot of chemical supplies for the tub methinks LOL  ;D

..and a lot of trouble to have to lift that cover off/on that big spa every time. It'll seem fine at first and you'l talk yourself into it not being needed but after a month it'll get old.

spasearcher

You're probably right, but I can't help but think that there is a company out there that will come up with a better "low profile" lifter option? No?  >:(

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
Unlikely :-). There's such little demand (low volume) it's hardly worth the effort, R&D and tooling for it.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spasearcher

Electrical work was finished today, J-480 being delivered tomorrow morning to be set-up and wired-in. I'll post a picture once completed ;D

spasearcher

After just ONE day of having the tub, we're getting the CM 3 lifter after all. The cover is just too bulky to manage (I can do it myself, but its a pain). Plus we get some wind in our backyard so it may help with that too.

You all probably knew I'd get one, right?!  ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
After just ONE day of having the tub, we're getting the CM 3 lifter after all. The cover is just too bulky to manage (I can do it myself, but its a pain). Plus we get some wind in our backyard so it may help with that too.

You all probably knew I'd get one, right?!  ;D

I picked 4 days in the pool we started to see how long you'd try to hold out. Couldn't you hold out 3 more days? ;D

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
HEY! I had 3 days.      Careful with the wind. The instructions with the Covermete 3 specifically say not to use it in winds above 10 MPH. ALSO, there's a new "kit" that consists of some metal plates to be added to the plastic brackets, to strengthen them. Make SURE it's included.

spasearcher

You guys are funny! ;D Good advice re: kit to strengthen the supports - I'll let my Jacuzzi guys know that I want it. Isn't there a way to tether/tie down the cover in higher winds? 10 mph isn't much? BTW, since I got the demo model (only 1 month old) they had an "older" cover for it which I have now, so they've ordered a bunch of new covers and I'm getting one of the new ones when they come in and I get to keep the older one, so I'll have a spare cover for later (I've got room to store it)  ;D

Going in for my first night-time soak, currently 8 C outside. (sorry I don't know what that is in Farenheit I'm a Cancuck!)

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42