What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New (used) J-345 Jacuzzi  (Read 6580 times)

janeav

New (used) J-345 Jacuzzi
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:06:18 am »
Hello everyone--

I've been reading this forum for about 3 years -- having hot tub "envy" all the while......Now I can join you!

Yesterday, we purchased a  2007 Jacuzzi J-345 a neighbor was selling ($2000).  We had it moved by the dealer that originally sold it to them.  Everything looks good so far.  But, I do have a question -- the tub is heating -- however, it seems to be taking a long time to get to 103 degrees.  It started heating at about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon (the tap water was 45 degrees) -- this morning at 7:00 it read 90 degrees.  It is very cold outside -- about 6 degrees.  Does this seem like a normal amount of time for heating in the winter?

Jane

Hot Tub Forum

New (used) J-345 Jacuzzi
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:06:18 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: New (used) J-345 Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:48 am »
Not real familiar with Jacuzzi but my understanding is if the tub is 110v expect the water to warm at a rate of 1 - 3 degrees per hour. If it is 220v expect it to heat between 3 - 5 degrees per hour.

Hope this helps
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:35:45 am »
Jane,

I'm glad finally have something to post about. I hope we helped. It sound like you made an informed decision, got a good price and went about it the right way. I didn't see where you are located, but this time of year if I was to fill my tub the water out of the spout would be 40 degrees.  My tub which has a, I think, a 4.5kh heater, heats at about 4 degrees an hour, so that would be about 15 hours to come to temp. I remember that first day waiting for it to get up to temp.  Good luck, I hope you will report back and let us know how that went.

PS, I said 4 degrees an hour, but I've noticed on a cold tub, its less than 4 degrees for the first hour and if the tub is back at 100, and I turn it to 104, it takes less than an hour, but 4 is a good average.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:53:13 pm »
 Welcome to the forum!! Its a 220v spa so it should have taken 12 maybe 14 hours at the most to heat up.  Any errors on the topside? Could be a faulty temp sensor.    Let us know.  ;)

dasno

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »
Boy my freebee tub took 3+ days too heat up... Of course this used a water blanket style heater that wraps around the pump.   

Can't wait to get my new tub from the sounds of this it should be warm in less then a day!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:27:17 pm »
Boy my freebee tub took 3+ days too heat up... Of course this used a water blanket style heater that wraps around the pump.   

Can't wait to get my new tub from the sounds of this it should be warm in less then a day!!!

Be sure to be sitting down when you get your electric bill.  :o  ;)

dasno

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »

Be sure to be sitting down when you get your electric bill.  :o  ;)

I will be reading it in the tub..... little less stressful that way :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42