What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fair Price on Limelight Pulse?  (Read 11892 times)

Kalamity

Fair Price on Limelight Pulse?
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »
Hi gang!  I'm wondering if $7500 is a fair price for an '09 Limelight Pulse.  It would include spa, cover, lift (my choice of 3), smart step (the larger non-slip type), sub panel, UV Ozone (what is the CD Ozone?), Stainless Steel Handrail (for my 82 yr. old mom), Silk Balance, Watercare Pkg., In Home Orientation, Delivery & Normal Setup.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Fair Price on Limelight Pulse?
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Fair Price on Limelight Pulse?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:05 pm »
UV Ozone (what is the CD Ozone?),

They are both ways of adding ozone to the water. The CD standards for Corona Discharge, and I believe its considered a more efficient method.  UV stands for ultra-violet which is considered the less efficient method. I don't know if one type lasts longer than the other.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kalamity

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:28:24 pm »
Thanks, wmccall.  How does the price sound to those in the know?
Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:07:55 pm »
Hi gang!  I'm wondering if $7500 is a fair price for an '09 Limelight Pulse.  It would include spa, cover, lift (my choice of 3), smart step (the larger non-slip type), sub panel, UV Ozone (what is the CD Ozone?), Stainless Steel Handrail (for my 82 yr. old mom), Silk Balance, Watercare Pkg., In Home Orientation, Delivery & Normal Setup.  Thanks.

If you're getting a Pulse spa for $7500 (lets consider delivery/setup, cover, water care kit, standard) with the addition of steps, lifter, subpanel and UV ozone I think that's a pretty good deal though I would prefer the CD ozone. Since most everything in life is negotiable (and certainly a spa purchase is) I'd try to get them to upgrade the ozone (even if I had to settle part way by taking the simpler steps) but otherwise it sounds good.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:09:40 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »
 We looked at bringing in the silk balance chem system, in the end we felt it was going to be to expensive for the consumer compared to NAt 2 and chlorine/shock .   

Kalamity

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »
Thanks, JacuzziJim, I have to agree with you, but I thought I'd try it out just because it was offered originally.  Salesman also agreed to give me the CD Ozone.  It's all a learning curve.  Ummm... how does one tell if they have a CD Ozonator vs a UV Ozonator?  Now if only the snow gods would go on vacation then I could get my concrete pad mud jacked.  Does it matter how long you wait after mud-jacking before you set a tub on top?
You're all very helpful to us newbies.  Thanks.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:02:08 am »
Salesman also agreed to give me the CD Ozone.  It's all a learning curve.  Ummm... how does one tell if they have a CD Ozonator vs a UV Ozonator? 

By looking at the unit itself where it should state CD or UV. They'll have to install it when the spa is delivered so just ask them to show it to you. The spa manual will tell you yearly to run some vinegar through the ozone system to clear out deposits so just tell them you want to see it so you know where it is.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:29:39 am »
Thanks, wmccall.  How does the price sound to those in the know?
Thanks

I have not been pricing tubs in quite a while, but that sounds like a good value compared to some I've heard. Its definitely not a grossly inflated price.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:45:01 am »
There are CD ozone units which are real inexpensive and are designed to last about a year (with 24-hour use) and then be replaced. Some of these units can be purchased on line for less than $100 dollars.

The HotSpring Freshwater III system costs more but lasts longer.

Just sayin' ...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:45:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42