What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot Spas  (Read 11106 times)

dasno

Hot Spot Spas
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:59:48 pm »
Anyone that has any advice on the Hot Spot line of Spas I would be interested in hearing your comments, reviews, criticisms, joys etc of this line of spas.  I know already that they are a Hot Springs line of spas but other then that I haven't seen to many reviews on them.

Would appreciate any insite.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot Spas
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:59:48 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot Spot Spas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:28 am »
Welcome to the forum.  We have a lot of Hot Springs expertise here, so I'll watch curiously as well about the hotspot line.  I did go in an look at the Limelight spas when they came out and with casual observation I was impresseed.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:10:37 pm »
You will find that the quality that goes into a Hot Spring is the same quality that goes into a Hot Spot.   You save money because they don't have as many jets, the control board is much simpler, no auxiliary control panel in the back of the spa and shorter warranty period, just to name a few things.

Right now would probably be a good time to buy a Hot Spot because they are bringing out an entirely new line of Hot Spots in the next month or two.  I just saw the equivalent of the Hot Spots in the Caldera booth at the Atlantic City Pool & Spa show.  They had one that was 7'5" x 7'5" and another that was 7' x 7'.  They looked very nice, had lots of jets, nice looking molds, etc.

If you are happy with one of the 2009 models, then you might be able to get a good deal on one so the dealer can move it out in anticipation of the new models coming.  The new spas are still not on their website, so I don't know if you'll be able to see pictures of them or not.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

dasno

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:27:22 pm »
Thanks for the welcome wmccall and the information Vanguard definitely appreciate it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:39:06 pm »
Thanks for the welcome wmccall and the information Vanguard definitely appreciate it.

I'd ask the dealer when he will have the new 2010 versions in. That will let him know you are knowledgeable about what he has. Then ask him for his best end-of-year pricing on the models he has left from '09.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dasno

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:32:16 pm »

I'd ask the dealer when he will have the new 2010 versions in. That will let him know you are knowledgeable about what he has. Then ask him for his best end-of-year pricing on the models he has left from '09.

Spatech... the tubs were already reduced down he has the La Palma for 5000 and another hot spot.  I decided to check out the store again after the infamous travelling spa-circus came to PA. 

I currently have a freebee that I received last summer a 10+ year old 2 person PDC spa.  The thing had 2 leaks when I got it one of which still leaks and it heats by using the pump as a heat source (can you say ineffecient).  Takes about 3 days to warm up 135 gallon tub.  6 Jets and 2 of them are coming apart and 3 others don't mix the air and water so well anymore.  What else can you expect from a freebee. :D  Anyhow it was a good starting tub to see how much use I would get out of a spa.  Oh yea and the G/F loves it!

Anyhow since I don't have alot to spend and 5000 seemed too good of a price for that size of tub I thought I would research the tub which I still haven't found many reviews for it. Oh yea as an addition that includes the sub panel, start up chems, delivery, cover...

Anyhow thanks very much for all who responded I have been learning alot on the forums and I think I am going to see if I can't wet test it as recommended by alot of different sites.  I will keep you all posted on how things go... Still would like to hear more feed back on this line of spas if anyone has some.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:41:12 pm »
Great price.  We have 1 left for $5500
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 10:07:30 pm »

Spatech... the tubs were already reduced down he has the La Palma for 5000 and another hot spot.  I decided to check out the store again after the infamous travelling spa-circus came to PA. 

it. Oh yea as an addition that includes the sub panel, start up chems, delivery, cover...

Anyhow thanks very much for all who responded I have been learning alot on the forums and I think I am going to see if I can't wet test it as recommended by alot of different sites.  I will keep you all posted on how things go... Still would like to hear more feed back on this line of spas if anyone has some.

Wet test it but it sure sounds like he's giving a very good discount to move that spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dasno

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 04:54:42 pm »
Ok so I decided to sink the money into the La Palma model.  Hopefully all goes well the snow continues to melt and I get it installed in the next couple of weeks. 

Will try to post some pics later on.

Thanks for all the information everyone.

dvaron

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:16 pm »
Hi,
I am also looking at the La Palma.  I have two concerns- one is that the foot well seems very shallow.  Have you noticed that?   Did you wet test it?
I was only able to try it dry, and rather than sit up, seems your legs are almost out straight.
Also, I have never been great at bargaining, but I am paying cash and have a limited amount.   The dealer quoted me $6195 for the base model 2009 AND it is a floor model so used.  Should I bargain?  Do you think it is reasonable to expect a similar deal to $5000?
Add ozonator and lift cover and it will be a bit more.
Please advise!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »
Info on 2010 Hot Spots here: www.hotspothottubs.com
Just the interim site where you can download PDFs
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:40:28 pm by hottubdan »

dasno

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 11:05:20 pm »
Hi,
I am also looking at the La Palma.  I have two concerns- one is that the foot well seems very shallow.  Have you noticed that?   Did you wet test it?
I was only able to try it dry, and rather than sit up, seems your legs are almost out straight.
Also, I have never been great at bargaining, but I am paying cash and have a limited amount.   The dealer quoted me $6195 for the base model 2009 AND it is a floor model so used.  Should I bargain?  Do you think it is reasonable to expect a similar deal to $5000?
Add ozonator and lift cover and it will be a bit more.
Please advise!!

Honestly I didn't get the chance to wet test it.  I have a 2 person PDC spa right now that both seats are lounger styles so the La Palma made me feel like I was sitting up, however I did notice it was deeper then some of the other spas I was looking at 38" vs 33".  Also I liked the notion of the foot dome.  Maybe I won't like this after I get the spa but as I referee soccer and hike I like the idea of having a foot hydromassage. 

I got mine like I said for $5000.  This was marked down from a $6199 price.  Now I am paying for the addition of the FreshWater III system and I am going to get the cover lifter also.  If you can get those additions and steps then I think you might be starting to get in the ball park.  Otherwise I would ask him about the price for the new Hotspot spa the Tempo.  This looks like it is replacing the La Palma. 

Hope this helps you out.  I am just waiting for tax refund, snow to melt, then  I will ahve them deliver.  Sub panel was installed last weekend.

Water Boy

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:42:19 am »

Dan,

Do you know if the warranty is the same as the old Hot Spot line?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:20 pm »

Dan,

Do you know if the warranty is the same as the old Hot Spot line?

Same warranty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42