What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I never thought this could be so hard...masterspa and clearwater  (Read 7738 times)

going for broke

Hi all. I'm in the process of purchasing my first hot tub and have been searching on these boards for the last couple of weeks. I can see that some brands are more accepted then others and unfortunately the brands I'm down to aren't t the top of most of your lists. I am down to the lsx 850 from masterspas and the clearwater tradition signature. I have got the price on both to under 9k  with all of the normal package goodies (lift chemicals etc..) I guess one of my questions is that the lsx has no diverters and three two speed pumps and the clearwater was two tub mounted diverters and three therapy pumps but the pumps are only one speed. I live in a climate that has a pretty solid winter and both of these spas have completely different ways of insulating the tub. I know that the ones on here that either sell or own the masterspas seem to have good things to say about them as do the clearwater owners or dealers but it seems the tradition model is fairly new in their line-up. can anyone add anything about the lsx 850 or the clearwater tradition specifically? 
I am planning to wet test the spas but the master dealer does't have the exact spa but he has a similar one (lsx1000) to test is that advisable?? thanks in advance. 

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I never thought this could be so hard...masterspa and clearwater
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:03:41 am »
When purchasing a spa there are many factors to consider but outside of price it comes down to the fit of the spa (wet test), the dealer you are buying from (do you feel they'll be there for you after the sale), energy efficiency and overall quality. I wouldn't touch a Master due to the last 2 not to mention a lack of trust with that Manufacturer in general (IMO of course).

I really don't have much opinion about Clearwater but they have one major thing going for them in this comparison, the other option is Master.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:54:02 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:24:10 pm »
I will agree with Spatech.  Go with Clearwater - mainly because they are not Master.

I've not heard much about Clearwater, but I've not heard anything negative. 

I have heard a lot about Master - mostly negative.  I've known people who have owned and sold Master.  Both groups were dissatisfied.  They have very shady business practices and can't be trusted.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  It doesn't have to be hard, take your time and remember you have the upper hand.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

going for broke

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  It doesn't have to be hard, take your time and remember you have the upper hand.

thank you for the welcome and thanks to the others for your opinion. I'll keep you updated and if anyone else has anything to add please do so.

Leisureworks

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:15:18 pm »
I am a Master Spas dealer, and I have to say that they are an incredible company to do business with and they make a great product.  If you are getting an LSX850 for that price, I would pull the trigger.  You will love that hot tub!  If you want an independent opinion, try spasearch.org. They are the only independent company that rates hot tubs objectively, and not by the size of their advertising budget.

(accidental, sorry - wmccall)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:04:09 am by wmccall »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 06:02:36 am »
I am a Master Spas dealer, and I have to say that they are an incredible company to do business with and they make a great product.  If you are getting an LSX850 for that price, I would pull the trigger.  You will love that hot tub!  If you want an independant opinion, try spasearch.org. They are the only independant company that rates hot tubs objectively, and not by the size of their advertising budget.

Your relationship between dealer and manufacturer may be stellar. It seems the manufacturer and dealer network need to work on it's overall reputation with it's customers because I am here to tell you it sucks.
Retired

Water Boy

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:57:03 am »
I am a Master Spas dealer, and I have to say that they are an incredible company to do business with and they make a great product.  If you are getting an LSX850 for that price, I would pull the trigger.  You will love that hot tub!  If you want an independant opinion, try spasearch.org. They are the only independant company that rates hot tubs objectively, and not by the size of their advertising budget.

Clearwater spas also made the list of spasearch certified spas on the list that he is referencing.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 11:01:47 am »
I am a Master Spas dealer, and I have to say that they are an incredible company to do business with and they make a great product.  If you are getting an LSX850 for that price, I would pull the trigger.  You will love that hot tub!  If you want an independant opinion, try spasearch.org. They are the only independant company that rates hot tubs objectively, and not by the size of their advertising budget.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you hang around and be a resource for us on behalf of Master.  My own experience, I was choosing between a Master, I think it was a 750, but that was 6 years ago.  At the time, here in Columbus, Ohio they were represented by a well known company that had carried them for a long time.   The traveling circus as it has become known here, and the rebate scheme, also as it has become known here, have done much to damage Master's reputation.  I know personally from talking to the owner of that company this was the main reason they dumped Master, who was quickly picked up by a company called Pacific Pools, whom I believed dropped the line. While writing this post, I went to master's site to see who my current local dealer is and I would have to give up my information first, which maybe I will do just for the knowledge, but I hate that.

You may take a little flack, but I hope you hang around to help current and future Master owners.

Also check out the Spa professionals thread at the top of the forum and feel free to add your info.

Finally, your last message shows that it was edited by me.  Please accept my apologies, your message was not edited, I attempted to add the above paragraph to my message and accidentally put it in yours.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:05:31 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 11:03:38 am »
I am a Master Spas dealer, and I have to say that they are an incredible company to do business with and they make a great product.  If you are getting an LSX850 for that price, I would pull the trigger.  You will love that hot tub!  If you want an independant opinion, try spasearch.org. They are the only independant company that rates hot tubs objectively, and not by the size of their advertising budget.

I've heard a lot of owners of Master spas (the people whose opinion should count most) say they are an incredible company too but in a different way. You'll find little love for Master on these spa forums.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:02:45 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

going for broke

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »
I bought the clearwater tradition signature. I'm getting it installed on tuesday thanks for your comments and I'm sure I will have more questions once I get the tub installed.

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »
Smart move.  Congrats on the purchase. 
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Water Boy

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 09:48:22 am »
I bought the clearwater tradition signature. I'm getting it installed on tuesday thanks for your comments and I'm sure I will have more questions once I get the tub installed.

Congrats on the purchase, and wise choice. Clearwater makes a fine spa. Be sure to come back after you take delivery and share some pics with us!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

going for broke

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53:35 am »
Will do.  8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42