What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Transducer speakers  (Read 4667 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Transducer speakers
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »
Stuart or Markee...I know Marquis doesn't make the transducer speakers inside of the tub shells anymore, but my tub has them. I recently moved my sound system and disconnected the speaker wires from the receiver. I reconnected them just as the book indicates and I now have two speakers that sound awlful...full of static. I moved the system about 3 feet from where it was so the location of the receiver shouldn't have an impact at all. It's also really weird that TWO of the four speakers sound bad.  Any thoughts?

My husband is going to kill me..even though I don't think I did anything wrong :-\

Thanks,
Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Transducer speakers
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Transducer speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:43:09 pm »
Boni,

It could just be that the wires are reversed. I've read that in speakers if you reversed the black and red the speakers will sound awful. Is the static on FM/AM or is it on everything; it is possible that you are getting bad reception even though it is only 3 feet ... I have an indoor amplified antenna and there are times when just walking by it causes static on FM Stereo but not mono (has to do with the carrier wave for stereo).

Vinny

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »
Hi Vinny,

I had the ipod and the CD player plugged into the receiver...I didn't try the radio yet. So if I try to switch the wires I won't ruin anything? The manual says which wires go to positive and negative, but I will switch them if you think it might help. I am pretty upset because my husband is going to insist that it worked before I moved things and that I probably caused this...I don't honestly know how I could have.... :'(

Thanks for your help,
Boni

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40:02 am »
Hi Vinny,

I had the ipod and the CD player plugged into the receiver...I didn't try the radio yet. So if I try to switch the wires I won't ruin anything? The manual says which wires go to positive and negative, but I will switch them if you think it might help. I am pretty upset because my husband is going to insist that it worked before I moved things and that I probably caused this...I don't honestly know how I could have.... :'(

Thanks for your help,
Boni

Reversing the speaker wires won't hurt anything, not sure it will help, check for corrosion or tightness of the connection or any fraying of the wire.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:02 pm »
I agree with Bill, I don't think it will hurt anything. Is there a way to tell which wire goes to positive or negative? If there is and you have it correctly then that's probably not the problem. Is it static or is it a buzzing sound? I ask because maybe a transducer came loose (?) and it is physically moving as it works. Connections could be a problem as Bill stated.

I'm sure it is something stupid! Just by removing the wires and reconnecting them wouldn't hurt anything.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40:34 pm »
After the "storm" tomorrow I will switch the wires and try to figure out what could be wrong. I am guessing that if anything is loose at the speakers..I am pretty much done. They are embedded in all that foam!  I am not sure how the wires connect as they come into the tub from the house and split to the speakers, but maybe there is something loose at that connection.

The manual indicates which wires belong in the postitve and negative connections of the receiver. It's good to know that it wouldn't really matter...(and Bill I may have to document this (and print your post) to prove to my husband that I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!) :o

Thanks so much

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42