What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi in trouble??  (Read 5172 times)

willow

jacuzzi in trouble??
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:22:10 pm »
A beachcomber rep told my husband tonight that jacuzzi was in trouble and that we also have to pay a fee for all service calls. We are in southern Ontario.

Hot Tub Forum

jacuzzi in trouble??
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:22:10 pm »

Vanguard

Re: jacuzzi in trouble??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:54:08 pm »
Unless you hear it from a Jacuzzi rep, I wouldn't believe it.  Beachcomber has been known for their underhanded tactics.  I'd be willing to bet they are the ones in trouble.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:56:29 pm »
My understanding is that they PAY YOU for every service call they make...no promises though. You might just want to ask your local Jacuzzi dealer
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:56:09 pm »
It sounds like someone who works for a dealer that sells Beachcomber told your husband that, not a Beachcomber rep.  You would have to check with the dealer regarding service fees.  My best guess is most manufacturers are "in trouble" in this economy.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:50:54 am »
I would think its just some rumor starting, as a few years ago there was a mass exodus by a lot of S.Ont Beachcomber dealers that switched to Jacuzzi. Dealers were given a heads up that the Beachcomber factory was possibly going to strike so dealers started exploring there options. Lots switched and never looked back. So if its still the same BC Rep covering Ontario then it wouldnt surprise me it if was false.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 06:39:42 pm »
 Ok this one deserves the  ::) 

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 10:46:59 pm »
A beachcomber rep told my husband tonight that jacuzzi was in trouble and that we also have to pay a fee for all service calls. We are in southern Ontario.

I am also in Southern Ontario also and I have heard of one of the local dealers being in some trouble. I wounder if that's; what your husband heard
Bullfrog 451

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »

I doubt Jacuzzi the manufactuer is going anyway any time soon. Some of teh smaller manufactueres have gone away but Jacuzzi should be fine.

The dealer itself may be another issue but that's probably just salesmanship.

As far as a trip fee for warranty work, that may be true or it may be a smoke screen. Simply ask the Jacuzzi dealer what their stance is and get it in writing if you buy there. it is not uncommon to charge a travel fee.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42