What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The weather again.  (Read 2856 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
The weather again.
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:38:35 pm »
Looks like Term is getting an ice storm after 70 degrees earlier this week.  Tonight we will be soaking under 6 new inches of snow, and I'll be skiing tomorrow.  Hot tubing after skiing is great!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

The weather again.
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:38:35 pm »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: The weather again.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:42:04 am »
Started snowing around 10pm last night in eastern PA.  Soaked in the tub for about 30 minutes with the snow coming down.  Very nice.  Now we're getting ice & freezing rain, which isn't as much fun.

Plan on doing some skiing Friday with the kids, who have off for an in-service day.  Other schools in the area have class so the slopes shouldn't be too crowded.  8-)  And yes, I'm already looking to my soak after a day on the slopes.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:47:41 am »
Dax,  Where do you take the kids?  My son was up at shawnee last week..trying to find the least crowded to take my sister's kids on a weekend.

My goofy kids want to go out my front yard on snow boards..it is just a sheet of ice on top of about 4 inches of snow..So I just put my foot down.  >:( A broken body part would put the oldest out of Lacrosse or the youngest out of the musical...Why are boys such goofballs?

My tub is so iced under, I could never get the cover open short of using a blowtorch. :( I love the snow, but this ice is really no fun!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:42:14 pm »
Dax,  Where do you take the kids?  My son was up at shawnee last week..trying to find the least crowded to take my sister's kids on a weekend.

Every place is crowded on the weekends and on holidays.  That's why I'm looking forward to Friday when all the kids will be in school except mine.

We usually go to Blue Mountain.  Sometimes to Bear Creek, which is a smaller place but would still be crowded on the weekends.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 01:25:45 pm »
My son drives to Bear Creek with his friends sometimes..that might be a good choice..only about 45 mins from me...Thanks Dax

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:22:10 am »
My son drives to Bear Creek with his friends sometimes..that might be a good choice..only about 45 mins from me...Thanks Dax

Bear Creek is a decent place.  Not a big place, but it has some decent runs.  They've put a lot of money into the place the past few seasons.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going skiing on Friday now.  My son was up all night sick and is home from school today with a sore throat and high fever.  I fear it's strep so he won't be in any shape for skiing tomorrow.  My daughter is on her school's swim team and they're having practice Friday afternoon.  So skiing on Friday looks to be out.  Oh well...  Will still soak in the tub though.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »
AGAIN..the ice is no fun. My poor dog fell on the ice this morning and could not get up.  :( :.my front yard is a skating rink made of snow covered in inches of ice. My son and I went to rescue her and it was a nightmare. :o Then I did a double toe loop and landed on my butt.  :-[I seriously think I have whip lash from the jolt.  >:( I am definately going in the tub tonight because the longer I stay still the stiffer I get..The problem is crossing the deck (which is also solid ice)..to get to the tub :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42