What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First water change...  (Read 2703 times)

zroger73

First water change...
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:24:50 pm »
For the past four months, I have really enjoyed my new heated outdoor water bowl. This weekend, I performed my first water change. Letting the water drain from the two built-in drains was painfully slow, so I used a huge Shop-Vac hose as a siphon and drained all 355 gallons in less than 30 minutes.

Tonight was my first chance to enjoy the fresh water. Wow! Sparkling, clean, clear, refreshing, and very "watery"! My original fill wasn't cloudy and had no problems, but I can definitely tell a difference with a fresh fill! The biggest change in water quality was noticed after about 3 girls and 3 guys wearing bathing suits and "hair product" soaked for a couple of hours a few months ago. The poor filters, chlorine, and ozone worked as hard as they could to remove all that gunk, but I was impressed it recovered as well as it did.

I first got my tub when it was near 100 during the day and in the 80's at night. I've found that I'm enjoying it more as the temps have fallen to the 80s during the day and 50s at night.

Yay!
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Hot Tub Forum

First water change...
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:24:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42