What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 64242 times)

Summitman

Re: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 02:15:38 pm »
Tom

This is why Arctic will never make it to number one, because of remarks like that.

number one in my book, kinda like my Jayhawks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 02:15:38 pm »

Tom

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 02:50:35 pm »

Tom - I think he's talking about the previous issues about the cover and the other warranty issues where Bosco contacted you in the past.  At least that's what I think he meant.

Ah.  Probably you're right.  I didn't follow up on the cover;  mistake on my part, clearly.  And one reason I worked so hard to get a fast response this time.

BubbaGump

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »
Bosco,

This isn't Tom. I am a dealer for Arctic Spas. I am angered to hear the problems that you are having.  Again, I can say with confidence that Arctic Spas stands behind their warranty. It comes with a solid warranty. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have more off a dealer issue, and not a warranty or Arctic Spas issue. It was your dealer that drilled too big of a hole. It was your dealer that doesn’t know how to properly diagnosis your error codes. It is your dealer that is charging you to come look at your spa within the warranty when you live close by, not Arctic Spas. Now, this doesnt make any of your wrongs a right, but this is is a dealer issue, and not really with Arctic Spas warranty as a whole issue. I know some of the issues you listed were not caused by the dealer, but it sounds like they were fixed. I would encourage you to go see the store owner, and tell him all the issues you are currently having, and make sure that they get resolved ASAP. Let him know that you were told you wouldn’t be charged to look at the spa within the warranty.

I wish that I personally could help you out. But, please realize that most of the things you listed have to do with a bad dealer and not a bad warranty. Unfortunately somtimes no matter what the brand is, there are going to be a few bad dealers out there that can make things hard for the customer. You can reshearch this forum, and any other for that mattter and see horror stories from owners of just about any brand, and most of the time they all have one common theme, a bad dealer. That is why many people will say on this forum that the dealer is just as important as the quality of the spa.

Isnt Arctic spas ultimately responsible for the actions of their dealers and warranty/service departments?  Arctic wrote the warranty, built the spa, and backs the warranty not the dealer.  So I am confused why you believe that Arctic is not somehow responsible...  I agree that Arctic did not make this as bad as it is, but it seems that Tom has been aware of this for quite some time, so it is not exactly "new" news.

I agree that there can be bad eggs out there, but that does not mean that Arctic is not bound to take care of their customer just because the dealer is cruddy...  Pooop or get off of the pot...

Bottom line is that the dealer is a representative of Arctic, an extension of Arctic, authorized to sell the products, display the logo, and advertise as a factory authorized facility, correct?

While this "MAY" be a bad dealer, not a bad warranty...  I think it could be both at this point.

Summitman

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 03:11:54 pm »
if you think the warranty on the Arctic is bad then you should take the time to read the fine print on all the other major manufacturers warranties.  

just sayin...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 03:19:53 pm »
if you think the warranty on the Arctic is bad then you should take the time to read the fine print on all the other major manufacturers warranties.  

just sayin...

The issues seem not to be the warranty as written, but the performance of the dealer and by association of the manufacturer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Too Tense

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 03:36:04 pm »
It seems that Tom was on another forum this morning at 9:35 a.m. answering someones question. Tom only posted on here at 12:12 p.m. today giving some poor excuse.

ACTION..... speaks louder then words

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 04:13:49 pm »
It seems that Tom was on another forum this morning at 9:35 a.m. answering someones question. Tom only posted on here at 12:12 p.m. today giving some poor excuse.

You my friend are living in a fantasy world if you think Tom didn't respond in a timely manner. Of all the people on here helping other people Tom has been one of if not the best always calling a spade a spade! I wonder who you are going to get to respond within a 24 hr period at a manufacturing plant. Try calling your car's mfg and see how far you get. To my knowledge Tom is one of the only Managers from  SPA MANUFACTURER who actually tries to help out with issues on this forum. I for one don't own a Arctic spa but would definitly consider in light of Tom's action on this board. Well done Tom and keep up the good work

starsky

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:38 pm »

C'mon, lets be civil

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »

I'm going to assume Tom was holding off posting on this site until he had something to post that would further a resolution (versus answering a simple question on another site). The Arctic dealer seems to be largely the issue here though Tom's even pretty much admitted that he needs to revisit the cover claim so I think we can cut him some slack and await results.

I suggest we wait for the gaps to be filled in first. Let's not jump to the last page, lets go through chapter by chapter.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:27:10 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 04:46:59 pm »
WHoa.

SOme of you  need to chill out.  I can share my prozac lick if you like.  Seems to me Tom is taking quite a hit here, and part of me guesses, that, he is the only member of this forum that actually WORKS for a spa manufacturer, and is not just a dealer.  

I agree with Spatech,(and mentions to starsky and thearm--well said),  I am sure Tom has been waiting to hear from the dealer and finalize issues before posting, I mean, why waste his breath?  It seems whatever happened in the past, communication may have been lost.  IDK, I am newer here.  Seems things are on the move in the right direction.  Besides, I am sure the man has other duties at his job and life in general, like we all do.

I have to wonder, what would happen if there was a manuf. rep from any other spa company out there, and what kind of attacks would be played out then? :-?

Bosco, I hope your dealer learns a lesson.  Whatever the issues, no matter how flat you make a pancake, there are still two sides.  However, I doubt that the dealers' side is any different than told.  Sounds like they are in the business of mechanical engineering (screwing things-my bad) and I would not recommend them.  However, none of these posts have swayed me from wanting an Arctic spa, I may just not end up with any spa, and use that money (that I don't have anyway!) to do something more functional to my house, and wait.  If I were you, Bosco, I would have filed a complaint with the BBB long ago with the dealer about their business practices.  I do agree with most here that a manuf. should be held to their warranties, and it is more than a selling point.  If I am spending that amt. cash on something, I want a serviceable product.  Good luck, and hopefully things will pan out.

Grumpy nurse needs some excedrin, now.  

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:48:35 pm by wewannahottub »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Water Boy

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 04:55:07 pm »
WOW.!!!!

These Arctic Spas must not be so bad after all. Just got done selling a Kodiak Legend SE to a repeat customer for his new house that will be done in October. He loved the idea of the ten year warranty and the Onzen system. Then before I was done writing him up, another couple came in and bought a Coyote Outlaw that I have had in the store for a while now. Not bad for a Friday afternoon on a cloudy day.

Gonna make the beer taste pretty good tonight for my Fantasy football draft.  :P

Tom, keep up the good work.

The Arm, couldn't have said it any better.

Peace to all, and have a great rest of the Friday.  :) :)

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tom

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 04:58:09 pm »
Tom is one of the only Managers from  SPA MANUFACTURER who actually tries to help out with issues on this forum.

Thank you for your kind words and support.  I am not a manager; my actual classification is Clerk IV.

Don't be too hard on Too Tense, because he's right - so far nothing has been resolved.  All I've been able to achieve so far is to alert the dealer and ensure that a service appointment has been made.  We haven't actually changed anything for Bosco, and that's the action that counts.

Since I know that many posters are busy people who don't have time to read the whole thread, here is an update:

I spoke this morning with the service rep for Bosco's dealer.  Mary really impressed me-- she knew all about the situation, had read the thread, and had spoken with Bosco.  "He's was polite and friendly when he called us."  

A service appointment has been scheduled for Monday Aug. 18.  I don't think that four business days is a bad turnaround [from Bosco's first post - TG]. I asked Mary to have the tech examine the cover and consider it for a warranty claim.   I have also put a note on my calendar to follow up with both the service dept. and Bosco next week to learn the outcome of the service call.

I checked with Bosco and he can't recall the specific error code, so we'll have to let that one go.  I'll round up a set of tech manuals for all our spa packs and make sure that both Mary and I have copies so that kind of situation shouldn't come up again. [This material turned out to be available to all dealers on our private Tech Forum.]

As for the train derailment, I did ask our shipping manager about that.  Apparently there have been several derailments over the past few years, but to the best of his knowledge our product has never been involved.   Mary also checked at her end, and states that "Our tubs were never involved in a train derailment. They were however DELAYED in getting here because there was a derailment."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:04:04 pm by Graybeard »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »
I have to wonder, what would happen if there was a manuf. rep from any other spa company out there, and what kind of attacks would be played out then? :-?

I think you could substitute Arctic for Marquis, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi ... and I think people would be upset with the situation and the same questions would be asked if the same situation was at hand.

However, none of these posts have swayed me from wanting an Arctic spa, I may just not end up with any spa, and use that money (that I don't have anyway!) to do something more functional to my house, and wait.  If I were you, Bosco, I would have filed a complaint with the BBB long ago with the dealer about their business practices.  I do agree with most here that a manuf. should be held to their warranties, and it is more than a selling point.  If I am spending that amt. cash on something, I want a serviceable product.  Good luck, and hopefully things will pan out.

Grumpy nurse needs some excedrin, now.  

I think any person who is spa shopping should take the following from this thread:

A) buy from a dealer you really feel comfortable with,
B) read your warranty, ask questions and get answers in writing (like "what will the trip charge be?" or "why did you say the warranty on the shell was XX years and this reads Y years?" or "what did this mean when its says its not transferable?"),
C) this is NOT a typical representation of what owning a spa is about, this is just an example of what CAN happen (though that's no comfort to Bosco).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:29:03 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Too Tense

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 05:47:38 pm »
Tom

I want to apologize to you. I got a little over vented. I have nothing against you personally. Hopethat there are no hard feelings.

D.L.

Tom

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 06:29:45 pm »
I want to apologize to you.
Congratulations on taking part in your first Forum Feeding Frenzy*.

A few beers over the weekend will dissolve any hard feelings.    :D

Apology accepted.  

*Feeding Frenzy - I didn't make this up.  It's a known phenomenon:
1. A period of intense or excited feeding by predators, such as sharks or competing spa dealers  ;D
2. Excited activity by a group, especially around a focal point, such as when a customer receives poor service.  :-[    
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 06:31:58 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 06:29:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42