What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 64062 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Re: It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 10:04:54 am »
Bosco - I feel like the minority here but I agree with you 100%.  Seems like most people in this thread are either Arctic dealers or own stock in Arctic.  You're dealer is horrible and Arctic doesn't feel the need to stand behind their product or correct your dealers wrongdoings.
Wet in Chi Town must be smoking something good.  "Work together"????!!!!  Peace dude!     ::)
Bosco you have every right to expect top notch service from a supposed top notch company.
I think this post hits a nerve with me b/c my Artesian dealer is beyond HORRIBLE!!!  Artesian headquarters tells me that they can't make my dealer call me back or make them come out and fix my tub.  WHAT???!!!!  I was dumbfounded.  Anyway, my problem is fixed now but that type of customer service doesn't sit well with me......not after buying a 10K item.
Keep pressing on Bosco don't let these people make you out to be the crazy one to expect good service after spending so much money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 10:04:54 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:33 am »
I meant to post this in this topic.

Please stop whining.  There are NO guarantees in life. Warranties are just a another tactic to help them make a sale....nothing more.

Sometimes you kick....sometimes you get kicked. Deal with it.

Stop blaming everyone, fix the problem and move on.  Poop happens and you just happened to be the one to step in it.

Just my opinion.

Smile...life is fun !!!!
 ;D

Wow. I have little  tolerance for whiners and folks who play the victim. The only folks worse are idoits.

You are an a$$.

Bosco isn't playing the victim or whining. he's trying to get his tub fixed by documenting Artic's failure here. He is dealign with it. and this forum is an appropriate place.

Stop blaming folks? like Artic who refuse to honer thier warranty? A dealer who charges top dollar and delivers a damaged product?  Yea, it's all cool.

What a donkey.
07 Caldera Geneva

Water Boy

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 10:40:15 am »
Bohms,

I am an Arctic Dealer but I do feel the same was as you and Bosco on some things. If you re-read my posts, I have said that it bothers me that he is getting service like that, and that he has a bad dealer. He should, and expect to get good service, but unfortunately that is not happening. But, imo, this isn’t a reflection on Arctic Spas, but the dealer that sold Bosco his Arctic Spa.

There are numerous people that have ventured to this forum to tell their bad experience with their spa, and it isn’t just Arctic Spas. And most of the time, it isn’t the spa, but the dealer that is servicing the spa. As Chrisy said, Saved by Grace has had a bad experience with his Jacuzzi, and JJ was quick to say he has a pos dealer. Few weeks ago, there was a guy that has a Hot Spring, and the ozone check valve had to be replaced in year two, and it was a two minute job and the customer was charged $100. The customer was mad because he wasn’t told the ozone has a one year warranty, even though it states that in the owners manual. That doesn’t mean that HS is bad, but the dealer should have told the customer this. Merlin came on here and talked about that dealer being a pos. To that dealers credit though, he did credit the customer back the money.

Unfortunately, there are bad dealers out there that sell good spas. This story with Bosco is not a reflection as a company of Arctic Spas as whole. If it were, their BBB report would look like Thermospas. They wouldn’t be one of the fastest growing companies in Canada for the third straight year. They would be one of only eight spas in the world to be Spa Search certified for the last two years. I have sold Arctic Spas for seven years now, and they do things the right way.

I really wish I could help Bosco in any way. I encouraged him to go into the store and talk to the owner of the store to get things fixed.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

bohms

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:33 am »

Wow. I have little  tolerance for whiners and folks who play the victim. The only folks worse are idoits.

You are an a$$.

Bosco isn't playing the victim or whining. he's trying to get his tub fixed by documenting Artic's failure here. He is dealign with it. and this forum is an appropriate place.

Stop blaming folks? like Artic who refuse to honer thier warranty? A dealer who charges top dollar and delivers a damaged product?  Yea, it's all cool.

What a donkey.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!   ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 10:46:03 am »

Unfortunately, there are bad dealers out there that sell good spas. This story with Bosco is not a reflection as a company of Arctic Spas

Bzzzzzt. That is Artic's BIG  mistake.  It IS a reflection of Artic as a whole.  

And from what I've been reading. Bosco didn't get a good spa.  He' got a bad Artic spa from a bad Artic dealer.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:53:38 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 10:46:36 am »
So ... what you are saying is the they should have sent a spa tech out to screw in a few jets ????   Now I know why spas are so expensive.  Lots of money spent on doing what the owner can do themselves. "Work together"...yes...you own it, manufacture built it, and dealer sold it.  All three need to work together if there is a problem.  Just IMO. And of the three, which one do you think cars the most about your spa??   You guessed it....YOU.

I sure I am in the minority, but once I buy something I feel its mine and I am responsible for it....if everything works when I get it then the manufacture did it right. If something breaks after that...so be it.  Maybe I got a lemon. Sometimes things work longer that expected and sometimes things break earlier than expected. You just never know.

It does drive my wife crazy ... I don't even like to return stuff to Target or Walmart...I always say that "I bought it...if I changed my mind when I get home...tuff, I made the decision to buy it, I should stick with that decsion no matter what."

BubbaGump

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:47 am »
Right from the Artic warranty:

"Your limited warranty does not include repair travel
mileage or for shipping cost assessed by your Factory Authorized Dealer or service agents."

This is written in their warranty you should have no problem with paying the $20 trip charge, you agreed to the terms of the warranty when you purchased the spa.

Gary

With this list of problems, I would think it would be a good idea to "comp" a trip charge...  Dont you??

bohms

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 10:53:56 am »
Kimbo - I understand what you're saying but my point is, Bosco's bad dealer represents Arctic and THEIR product.  No matter which way you slice it (no pun intended), that dealer is giving Arctic a bad name from the consumers standpoint.  The second Arctic is made aware of a LEGITIMATE issue with a dealer they should step in and take control of the situation.  That's what good customer service is - don't you agree that at this point Arctic should be stepping in or do you still think that Bosco should be fighting it out with his dealer getting nothing accomplished except getting his blood pressure elevated?  When is enough enough??
Bottom line....there are some really bad dealers out there and some really good dealers out there.  Manufacturers should be a lot more motivated to "fix" or close down the bad ones and stand behind their product.

Water Boy

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:23 am »

Bzzzzzt. That is Artic's BIG  mistake.  It IS a reflection of Artic as a whole.  

And from what I've been reading. Bosco didn't get a good spa.  He' got a bad Artic spa from a bad Artic dealer.

Dont just quote my last line. I meant there are bad dealers for every brand out there, not just Arctic. If you try to deny that, then your just flat out unaware of reality.

bohms

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:29 am »
So ... what you are saying is the they should have sent a spa tech out to screw in a few jets ????   Now I know why spas are so expensive.  Lots of money spent on doing what the owner can do themselves. "Work together"...yes...you own it, manufacture built it, and dealer sold it.  All three need to work together if there is a problem.  Just IMO. And of the three, which one do you think cars the most about your spa??   You guessed it....YOU.

I sure I am in the minority, but once I buy something I feel its mine and I am responsible for it....if everything works when I get it then the manufacture did it right. If something breaks after that...so be it.  Maybe I got a lemon. Sometimes things work longer that expected and sometimes things break earlier than expected. You just never know.

It does drive my wife crazy ... I don't even like to return stuff to Target or Walmart...I always say that "I bought it...if I changed my mind when I get home...tuff, I made the decision to buy it, I should stick with that decsion no matter what."

Chi Town - I think you're a troll but if you're not then you probably represent maybe .1% of Americans.  That's point one percent, not one percent.

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 11:00:15 am »
Maybe I was a little harsh when I said "Please stop whining."  I didn't mean it that way.

It just seems that he was hard on the company even when they were trying to work with him on his issues.  

When you take a lot of customer service call for a living, sometimes you look at it from the company side of things.  

bohms

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 11:05:12 am »
Maybe I was a little harsh when I said "Please stop whining."  I didn't mean it that way.

It just seems that he was hard on the company even when they were trying to work with him on his issues.  

When you take a lot of customer service call for a living, sometimes you look at it from the company side of things.  

I'm in the customer service business as well (prescription benefit mgmt) and I find myself able to see both sides of the story.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 11:13:28 am »
I meant to post this in this topic.

Please stop whining.  There are NO guarantees in life. Warranties are just a another tactic to help them make a sale....nothing more.

Sometimes you kick....sometimes you get kicked. Deal with it.

Stop blaming everyone, fix the problem and move on.  Poop happens and you just happened to be the one to step in it.

Just my opinion.

Smile...life is fun !!!!
 ;D

Are you just trying to fan the fire? No one should be forced to "grin and bear it" as you seem to suggest. Warranties can be used as a sales tool but they also are assurances that the goods will be held to a certain standard for a certain amount of time.  

Arctic warranties the product through their dealer network. If the owner has a legitimate issue it should be taken care of regardless of whether the stumbling block is the dealer or the manufacturer. The dealer man should be rendering the appropriate services as a representative of the manufacturer but sometimes they can be part of the problem. Hopefully this will be taken care of to everyone’s satisfaction.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:13:52 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 11:14:49 am »
Kimbo - I understand what you're saying but my point is, Bosco's bad dealer represents Arctic and THEIR product.  No matter which way you slice it (no pun intended), that dealer is giving Arctic a bad name from the consumers standpoint.  The second Arctic is made aware of a LEGITIMATE issue with a dealer they should step in and take control of the situation.  That's what good customer service is - don't you agree that at this point Arctic should be stepping in or do you still think that Bosco should be fighting it out with his dealer getting nothing accomplished except getting his blood pressure elevated?  When is enough enough??
Bottom line....there are some really bad dealers out there and some really good dealers out there.  Manufacturers should be a lot more motivated to "fix" or close down the bad ones and stand behind their product.

Yes they have Bohms, and they are again. Tom was just made aware of this yesterday by Bosco, and said that he is looking into it. This is the first thing that Bosco has said in quite while. Look at his old posts. Back in October he said this in his own words:

I have been coming to this website for a couple of years now.  I used it when researching my purchase, and found alot of personal enjoyment reading the posts and learning.  

I have observed a couple of things that happen from time to time, and it is always the same thing.

1.  Some new person begins posting about what Hot tub they should buy.  They always ask, what tub is better??? without even doing homework.  Suddenly people post what tub they own and begin making blanket statements such as this model  is the best.

2.  Once the "Best" is stated, all different owners pipe up and say no they are not the best, "LOOK AT THEIR HISTORY".   Now on with the debate.

3.  Then this new poster hits the 20 to 30 mark, and has purchased a tub.  They have spent alot of money on a quality product, however, in this hottub industry, everyone thinks that they have just purchased the best thing out there.  The Rolls Royce of hot tubs.

4.  While waiting for delivery, a couple of posts about the excitement, last minuite tasks and suggestions before delivery, followed up with a post of pictures of the tubs arrival.

5. The forum responds with great setup, looks good etc etc.  (Never a negative comment, because we all remember how hard we worked to get to this point)

6.  Suddenly these new owners, are now experts and love to hand out bull shat lines and slamming other brands.  THIS JUST GIVES NEW POSTERS MISS INFORMATION. No evidence or intelligent research to back up these complaints.

7.  A problem arises and several people jump in and start slamming a company as a whole.

8.  The debate goes on, the post is hyjacked and then eventually the topic dies out.

Why is it when arctic is mentioned, people feel the need to make attacks on this brand.  I have had problems with my arctic, and Tom was kind enough to look into it for me.  I think this is wonderful.

How come in 2005 and 2006 when Sundance Maxxus tubs had a known electrical wiring problem, people didnt pipe up and slam sundance???????  This was a huge problem on this forum and many members were effected by it.  Why wasnt that poor manufacturing and poor workmanship.

Why is it that someone comes here and posts a defect in his shell, do people raise the question that it is because Arctic uses a different construction technology then the leading manufacturers.  Tell me how a TP tub can cause a structual issue.  For the person who posted this assumption in the post, I feel that you are just stirring the pot.

The bottom line is WHO GIVES A F@##$.  Your tub is the best only because it was what suited you the best.  Nothing else.  We need to stop jumping in and attacking particular brands.  

I think it is wonderful that this forum exists.  It creates a strong quality assurance for any company.  When people research, they need to know that every company will have problems, however, these types of forums help to create a stronger sense of accountability.  Arctic I believe has recognized this, and has created a position such as Toms to come here and read concerns and comments.  

It is so frustrating to constantly come here and see the stupid pointless uneducated, and bias statements.  I really wish that it would stop.

My 2cents.  

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 11:18:03 am »
Didn't mean to start all THIS. :o

I hope Bosco gets all his issues resolved and has many years of happy soaking without any more problems.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 11:18:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42