What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: fingernail help ?  (Read 7203 times)

Marcia_in_PA

fingernail help ?
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »
We had our hot tub installed in December and are enjoying it very much. However, I noticed that my fingernails have become very brittle and they split and break easily now. Anyone have a solution?
Marcia

Hot Tub Forum

fingernail help ?
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: fingernail help ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:27:35 pm »
http://www.opi.com/trNenvy.asp

We're in my area of expertise now!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:28:39 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:28:52 pm »
http://www.opi.com/trNenvy.asp

We're in my area of expertise now!! ;D

What can I use to make my heels softer Steve?? ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:29:06 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:43:51 pm »

What can I use to make my heels softer Steve?? ;D

We have a number of lines to deal with the common issue of dry heels my friend and I appreciate your confidence in my vast knowledge to address this for you... 8-)

My personal favorite is a vegan line from SpaRitual.

Try this and let me know how much you truly love it... Your wife will BEG you to run your feet up and down her legs while under the sheets in bed … All I ask is that you think of me during that passionate time. :)

http://www.sparitual.com/multipurpose/detail/3

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:39:10 pm »
All I ask is that you think of me during that passionate time. :)

http://www.sparitual.com/multipurpose/detail/3

I always do!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:28:50 pm »
Steve, if it all payed the same would you rather sell beauty products or spas? Just curious. Do you miss the pool and spa industry at all?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 09:08:28 am »
Steve, if it all payed the same would you rather sell beauty products or spas? Just curious. Do you miss the pool and spa industry at all?

It doesn't btw! ;)

Yeah, I do miss parts of it. I miss the "teaching" aspect of it and the rush of selling a big ticket item. I miss knowing what I'm actually talking about too! ;D

It's been one year and 2 weeks now and I really do enjoy what I'm doing. I'm getting  far more comfortable in my lingo and built some really solid relationships.

I do still have my consulting company business but I haven't really done anything with it since taking on this new position. It's there and I can always build on it and contract out if need be. I have been asked to do some sales training seminars both in and out of the spa industry which I'm currently working on as well.

Thanks for asking Gomboman.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 09:31:41 am »
Steve,

Why don't you start an Spa review newsletter or something down that line. It is hard as a consumer to sort through all the information that dealers tell you. Each dealer can tell you a lot about their product but can't give you useful information about the industry or the competition. Just a thought...

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 10:32:05 am »
Steve,

Why don't you start an Spa review newsletter or something down that line. It is hard as a consumer to sort through all the information that dealers tell you. Each dealer can tell you a lot about their product but can't give you useful information about the industry or the competition. Just a thought...

Scott  ;)

I guess the reason there's no detailed, qualified information on real reviews is a few reasons Scott;

1) In order to properly review a spa, one would need to fully experience that spa, have the tools to properly monitor efficiency and have access to using a given spa in various conditions. If it can't be done properly, it doesn't benefit anyone really.

2) Would a manufacturer pay for this or a supply a spa for someone to properly review it even if the review ended up being negative?

3) Even if the top 25 spas were going to be reviewed, how much travel would be involved to access these spas? What would the cost be to do it?

4) Would my personal review count for much at the end of the day? It is afterall, a very personal purchase.

5) I have limited experience currently on all of the major brands primarily due to lack of exposure in the Canadian marketplace.

There are a few other barriers to giving a sound, honest and thorough review but I'm open to suggestions on how to overcome these obsticles and take on the role of YOUR personal assistant. ;)

I have generated documents in the past that help consumers wade through some of the BS and marketing and help focus their buying decisions on the key aspects of a spa purchase. I have made many of the points in my previous posts here as well. I'll have to look and see if I still have those documents as my previous laptop swallowed its tongue a few months ago and I lost a lot of previously saved data.

You are right though... I would much prefer to work for the consumer than a manufacturer if I was to get back into this industry. Maybe a personal shopper? Hmmmm, Good idea! :-?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:33:37 am by Steve »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 10:47:29 am »
There was a couple who started to review RV's and put their findings on a CD. Based on specs and safety records they are now the Consumer Reports of the industry and they started with a newsletter (www.rv.org). They didn't personally test every RV but they did collect data and start to research other sources. Anyway I know the Spa business is different.

I hang out on this site to collect opinions and knowledge because I'm scared about the thought of buying a spa for my backyard. If it turns out to be the wrong choice I'm stuck with a large object that I can't get rid of with much ease. So I'm taking my time and sucking in all the information I can find.

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 10:55:44 am »

It's been one year and 2 weeks now and I really do enjoy what I'm doing. I'm getting  far more comfortable in my lingo and built some really solid relationships.

Have you qualified for the pink car yet?  ;) ;D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:55:58 am by Spatech_tuo »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 11:01:40 am »
There was a couple who started to review RV's and put their findings on a CD. Based on specs and safety records they are now the Consumer Reports of the industry and they started with a newsletter (www.rv.org). They didn't personally test every RV but they did collect data and start to research other sources. Anyway I know the Spa business is different.

I hang out on this site to collect opinions and knowledge because I'm scared about the thought of buying a spa for my backyard. If it turns out to be the wrong choice I'm stuck with a large object that I can't get rid of with much ease. So I'm taking my time and sucking in all the information I can find.

Scott  :-?

I hear where you're coming from Scott but sometimes, people make this much harder than it need be.

To oversimplify the purchase and make it quick & easy;

1) Comfort - both in the spa and with your dealer
2) What is important to YOU specifically in this purchase?
3) Why are you buying a spa? What is your specific therapeutic needs and does the spa provide that?
4) Does the dealer have a good reputation and are they helping you buy a spa as opposed to selling you one?
5) Will they provide service and are there any hidden costs in doing so?
6) What is your budget?
7) What comes with the purchase (ie Lifter, chemicals, etc.) Get it in writing...
8) Can you wet test the spa you are considering buying?
9) Let them know which spa manufacturers you are considering
10) If they tell you their's is the best... punch 'em in the face
11) Ask for documented data to back up any wild claims of superiority

As for the reviews you spoke of, the www has provided access for almost all of the information in cross shopping on virtually every product out there. A lot of consumers are utilizing the web to gain just that very same information in the comfort of their homes so I'm not sure if a brief overview of a given product would be that valuable to consumer and whether or not they would pay for that?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:04:55 am by Steve »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 11:03:22 am »
You just wait until you need some good butt cream from Steve.....
 ;D ;D ;D

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:03:34 am »

LOL... not yet. It's not quite Mary-Kay so I don't think I'll be painting my Edge pink anytime soon!  ;D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:45:13 am »
You just wait until you need some good butt cream from Steve.....
 ;D ;D ;D

And from what I hear, Spatech will NEED a LARGE!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:45:57 am by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:45:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42