What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Pulse--how soon??  (Read 7040 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Limelight Pulse--how soon??
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:37 pm »
Hey out there, you HS dealers??

I know I have yapped alot about what we want to look at--Arctic, Dynasty, Artesian, and Jacuzzi,....and I know some of you HS guys would like to see me try a Grandee--still not interested--but, even though I have griped about the waranty being less on the Limelight line, I am still interested in what the Pulse will look like.  I have been able to find a spec sheet, but no pix.  I was wondering when the Pulse will be released??

Thanks guys--I know I have PM's out to a couple of you for the same info. ;)

WWHT :) [smiley=dankk2.gif]
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight Pulse--how soon??
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:59:37 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Limelight Pulse--how soon??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:32 pm »
wewannahottub, what turned you off with the Hotspring line? Just curious.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:34:43 pm »
Did my PM get to you 1st?

Pulse has been released and dealers should start receiving in the next week or two.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:58:03 am »
I think wewannahottub will tell you that it is the size that matters, her husband is large and HS is too small.

When I visited my local HS dealer at first I was excited because he serviced what he sold and my wife bought into the story that all other spa's were not healthy for women. Also the Envoy was a very uncomfortable tub for my family and underpowered. I think the two biggest problems from my point of view is that HS needs more water volume at the jets and I have been put off by the attitude that if it is not a Hot Springs then it isn't a good spa. Hot Springs makes a great product but it isn't the best and only option. BTW Sundance has the same attitude but they do have more action at the jet IMHO.

I look at HS and think they hit it right in the 80's and then said if it ain't broke don't fix it and have rode that reputation for a long time. My guess is that Watkins stays the course with HS and tries new ideas with the other lines like the new Limelight. Maybe that is the right and safe marketing approach. Anyway Harley is very successful and so is Hot Springs, if I were to buy a HS the Grandee would be the tub for me.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:16:25 am »
Well said Swell Tub. Sometimes, no matter how good a product you may have, there will always be someome that doesnt like what you have to offer. As swell tub mentioned, sometimes size does matter!! ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 11:41:06 am »

When I visited my local HS dealer ... my wife bought into the story that all other spa's were not healthy for women.
Scott  ;)

Well I know this - I wouldn't want my wife in anything but a Watkins product.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8-)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:41:51 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 11:58:11 am »
Well I know this - I wouldn't want my wife in anything but a Watkins product.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 8-)
Well it is good to know that you practice safe spa.  ;D ;D ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Saved by Grace

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 12:41:23 pm »
I'm curious as why a Hot Springs dealer would say no other spas are healthy for women.  What it the reason they give?

Heh Wewantahottub, Try the lounge in the Jacuzzi 480.  It may just change your mind on lounges; it did for my wife.

Thanks,
Fred

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 06:12:07 pm »
Hey out there, you HS dealers??

I know I have yapped alot about what we want to look at--Arctic, Dynasty, Artesian, and Jacuzzi,....and I know some of you HS guys would like to see me try a Grandee--still not interested--but, even though I have griped about the waranty being less on the Limelight line, I am still interested in what the Pulse will look like.  I have been able to find a spec sheet, but no pix.  I was wondering when the Pulse will be released??

Thanks guys--I know I have PM's out to a couple of you for the same info. ;)

WWHT :) [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Yup they are ready from what we hear as well. and the pulse from what i can tell is a mighty big spa. here are the specs if you didnt have em already -

7’5” x 7’5” x 38”
380 gallons
50 Jets
Vidro™Waterfall
Raio™ lighting system - Look Gorgeous IMO
No-Fault Heater
2 - 2.5HP Continuous Duty Pumps
SilentFlo 5000® Circulation Pump

I had a customer wet test our Flair last night and they said the spa felt very powerful  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:26:43 pm by Merlin »
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 06:26:34 pm »
I'm curious as why a Hot Springs dealer would say no other spas are healthy for women.  What it the reason they give?

Thanks,
Fred
Fred my response to this thread was removed so I sent you a PM.

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Saved by Grace

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 08:28:08 pm »
Thanks Scott.  I figured it was something ridiculous.  Glad our salespeople haven't said something dumb like that.  I'm sure my wife/nurse would have straightened them out just as we were walking out the door.

We're finding out just how competive the Hot Tub market is.  Lots of them out there and all fighting for a piece of the pie.  It's too bad some have to sink to such a level as to say anything to try to get a sale.  We tend to gravitate to those that are sincere and I think most people do.

Have a great weekend,
Fred

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 08:57:16 pm »
It's too bad some have to sink to such a level as to say anything to try to get a sale. Fred

Was that aimed at me?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 09:06:22 pm »
No Way Chas...I don't even know you!!!  It wasn't aimed at anyone on this board; it was just a general statement from life experiences.  We live in a world of tell people what you think they want to hear instead of what they need to hear, the truth.  This why I could never sell anything I wouldn't buy myself.  And is the reason I like Spiderman and the Jucuzzi dealer I'm dealing with.  They are passionate about what they sell and tell the truth because they believe in what they are selling.

Sorry if you felt it was aimed at you, it wasn't.

In His Peace,
Fred

wewannahottub

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:34 pm »

Gombo--no we never looked at or wet tested--sorry--just weren't impressed with where jets were located and what we wanted.  Looking for neck/leg/foot action-- and a couple of jets here and there isn't what I want--but the Limelight Flair had looked impressive--so I wish to see the Pulse and hope for leg and foot jets!!

wewannahottub

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:01 pm »
I think wewannahottub will tell you that it is the size that matters, her husband is large and HS is too small.

When I visited my local HS dealer at first I was excited because he serviced what he sold and my wife bought into the story that all other spa's were not healthy for women. Also the Envoy was a very uncomfortable tub for my family and underpowered. I think the two biggest problems from my point of view is that HS needs more water volume at the jets and I have been put off by the attitude that if it is not a Hot Springs then it isn't a good spa. Hot Springs makes a great product but it isn't the best and only option. BTW Sundance has the same attitude but they do have more action at the jet IMHO.

I look at HS and think they hit it right in the 80's and then said if it ain't broke don't fix it and have rode that reputation for a long time. My guess is that Watkins stays the course with HS and tries new ideas with the other lines like the new Limelight. Maybe that is the right and safe marketing approach. Anyway Harley is very successful and so is Hot Springs, if I were to buy a HS the Grandee would be the tub for me.

Scott  ;)

very true!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42