What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Maxx M6  (Read 7097 times)

Scott

Coleman Maxx M6
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:04 am »
Since joining this forum I have been delighted with all the info on such a variety of pertinent topics. Yesterday I went to three dealers yesterday, a Vita dealer which forget, Dimension one, and the Coleman dealer. Of course none were available to wet test but still saw the models. The Coleman dealer had quite a few and the Maxx M6 was very impressive as I liked the look. The one concern I have is the insulation seemed not as good as I anticipated and this is important as I live in North New Jersey. I am really impressed and need to wet test the D1 Lotus Bay. We are both tall 6'1" and 5"11" and like the idea of 40" on the D1 and the Coleman being 35". I know being somewhat a novice at this I hope you can provide some insight. The dealers close to me are not in abundance but there are some about 1+ hour away. Thanks!

Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman Maxx M6
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:04 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Coleman Maxx M6
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:44:21 am »
Welcome to the forum! :)

I would strongly advise people to NEVER buy a spa from a dealer that does not have at least 3 or 4 spas available for wet testing.  That always raises a red flag in my book.

Selling spas is not hard.  If a dealer is too lazy to take the time to make wet testing available, they are not going to jump through hoops for you after the sale.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 12:10:54 pm »
Scott.....There is a long thread from a gentleman how recently purchased an M6.  Much of the thread was covering the operational costs of hot tubs.  He lived in New York, but I can not recall his name....I think it was justwannasoak.  I will look around for it.   He loved his, had have a Coleman Spectrum for 20 yrs and replaced it with a M6.  I will let you know when  find his thread.  

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 01:48:02 pm »
I have a 2004 Coleman 706 outside in North Dakota. Our temps can dip to -40 in the winter. My 706 has never ran more than $30.00 a month during the coldest winter months.

Rest assured that the thermal pane technology Coleman uses will be economical as well as quiet to operate.

Too bad you can't wet test this spa, it's awesome!!!

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 03:11:20 pm »
Scott,
I searched this name out for you, it is: c-me-toasty

His thread is
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=usersrecentposts;username=C%2DMeToasty

He is a happy M6 guy, talk with him.

The jet sequencer was five years in development.  The system has a Freeze Protection setting.  Talk with toasty....good luck

Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 04:32:24 pm »
Thanks as I venture onward towards the purchase all the people here seem so accomadating and give useful information. Glad I am aboard! Keep up the great work in providing info to all of us who truly need help!!

sbonder

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:19:02 pm »
that thread still around? i tried the link, but it is dead.   I am looking for info on the M6

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 08:53:52 am »
I thought that coleman wasn't max anymore.

sbonder

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 09:43:40 am »
i am told that it is Maax Collection M6.  Also told it is essentially the same spa.  But, I am a just starting to shop and hardly an expert.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 09:55:46 am »
My comment wasn't directed at you but to some of the people here that are in the spa field to help with debunking possible sales misinformation. Maxx apparently is around but the Coleman name has passed to someone else. It would be a shame for you to buy a Maxx Coleman spa and have it not be what you expected especially if the warranty is not honored.

I looked at Maxx Coleman when I was buying my spa - I liked it but didn't care for the dealer.

sbonder

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 10:00:32 am »
Ah, okay.  thanks.  Appreciate ALL help.  very confusing purchase

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 10:00:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42