What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Auxilary control panel what adhesive to use?  (Read 3591 times)

cburk0677

HS Auxilary control panel what adhesive to use?
« on: November 19, 2007, 05:21:37 pm »
My Vanguard auxilary control panel failed last week. Called my local dealer and they came out and installed the new model one for me. Only problem is that the silicone sealant they used doesn't seem to be working very well as the control panel is still loose.

This past saturday I pulled the control panel off and found that the channels where the panel is supposed to slide into were filled with hardened glue from the original panel. After about an hour of scraping out this old glue I reapplied some silicone sealant that I had and reattached the control panel. I left the cover open for about 6 hours to try and let the sealant set up. All looked good by evening so I closed the cover. Next morning I come out and the control panel is still attached pretty well but not down flush on one side. Seems that steam had gotten into the sealant and messed up the bonding process.

Is there a specific sealant that I should use? I may just have to put up with this until spring when I can reglue the control panel and then leave the cover open for 24hrs so it can dry properly. I would appreciate any suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:23:34 pm by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

HS Auxilary control panel what adhesive to use?
« on: November 19, 2007, 05:21:37 pm »

TubsAndCues

Re:  HS Auxilary control panel what adhesive
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:53:23 pm »
If your tub is under warranty, which I am assuming, call your dealer.  It should have been replaced properly.  Even if it wasn't a warranty issue, I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:12 pm »
Ditto.  Let the dealer fix it correctly.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

cburk0677

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »
Good point. I'll see how it does this winter and if I'm not satisfied I'll call them in the spring. I don't think any adhesive is going to set up very well with the cover closed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:52:54 pm by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 03:52:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42