What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Spa owner's:  Please advise  (Read 38308 times)

solo

Bullfrog Spa owner's:  Please advise
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:54:22 pm »
I am looking for my first spa.  Not so much for personal use, but more for hydrotherapy.  I went to a local shop that sells Bullfrog spas and I had sticker shock.  I wasn't expecting a hot tub to cost so much.  Now, the tub I want is a Bullfrog 562.  The MSRP is  around $12000.  My dealer told me that he sells at 80% MSRP.  

My questions are:

1.  When you bought your bullfrog spa, how much did you get your dealer to come off his price?  Not the MSRP, but the price he quoted you.  

2.  How long have you owned your bullfrog spa and are you still happy with it?

3.  Are there any features that you wish you had bought or features that you regret buying?    

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Spa owner's:  Please advise
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:54:22 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog Spa owner's:  Please advise
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:57:17 pm »
 I would say before you set your heart on a Bull frog spa see what else is out there!  Narrow it down to 2 or 3 makes and then do a wet test!!!   See what you like.

FWIW BF spas are fine from what I know,but its always good to compare and find something that works for you.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:12:23 pm »
Solo,

We have had our Bullfrog 451 for a little over a year and are very happy.

I assume the price your quoting is in Can. funds, our dealer sells the 562 for a little less then that, I think I saw it priced at $9995.  We negotiated about $400 off of our dealers asking price for our tub, sorry but I have no idea what its MSRP was.  As for your question about what features we wish we had purchased.  We both wish we had bought the 562 instead of the 451.  

We love our tub and use it 2 to 3 times a week.

The comments from Jacuzzi Jim are right on though, look around and see what else is out there and wet test two or three different tubs to help you make up your mind
Bullfrog 451

NROBY

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 07:25:14 pm »
It sounds high, depending on the options.  I just ordered a customized Bullfrog 562 today with steps, cover, easy lift, ozone, LED, circulation pump, aux. controls, premier control, remote spa monitor, 4.8 jet pumps, extra JetPak and delivery for about $500.00 US less than what you were quoted.    

solo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:27:26 pm »
I'm definitely on board with looking at other models and makes.  I plan to look at 2 by Hot Springs (Sovereign and Prodigy) as well as one by Tiger River ( Bengal).  I deally I'd like to be under $7000 (USD).  

Dekken Tubb

• You can't fix stupid...but you can use duct tape.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:22:48 pm »
Bullfrog was in the top 3 of our list when we were spa shopping - we were quoted a price of 9000 for a 562.  The local Bullfrog dealer was resistant to negotiate from the quoted price - seems to be in line with what you are getting.
2007 Coleman 481

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 10:37:18 am »
It sounds high, depending on the options.  I just ordered a customized Bullfrog 562 today with steps, cover, easy lift, ozone, LED, circulation pump, aux. controls, premier control, remote spa monitor, 4.8 jet pumps, extra JetPak and delivery for about $500.00 US less than what you were quoted.    

Hey NROBY,

Congrats! welcome to the lily pad your going to love it :)
Bullfrog 451

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 07:44:56 am »
We own a Bullfrog 562 for over a year now and not a single issue or complaint. We included the clover and lifter, upgraded 5hp pumps, ozonator, premier control, remote spa monitor, steps, led lighting, and Bose stereo option, delivered and setup with chemicals and test kit for less than $9800. Not the cheapest spa out there by any means, but well made and quiet. I think part of the problem with pricing is that there are so few dealers.
Bullfrog 562

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 04:14:32 pm »
Just curious, how many Bullfrog owners buy extra jet packs and actually switch them out?  This is a neat feature, I'm just wondering how owners actually use it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:08:40 pm »
Vangaurd

Its not so much about buying extra jetpacks although that option exists, its more about the ability to customise your tub. My wife likes the corner seat so she can look out over the yard and she like the "Mini Neckblaster" jetpack so we put that jetpack in the corner.  I like the lounge seat with the calf jets and I like the "Gyro'sage" jetpack so we put them together.

We have thought about buying another jetpack  (Oscilator) but have not done so yet
Bullfrog 451

solo

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »
Vangaurd

Its not so much about buying extra jetpacks although that option exists, its more about the ability to customise your tub. My wife likes the corner seat so she can look out over the yard and she like the "Mini Neckblaster" jetpack so we put that jetpack in the corner.  I like the lounge seat with the calf jets and I like the "Gyro'sage" jetpack so we put them together.

We have thought about buying another jetpack  (Oscilator) but have not done so yet

My thought on that is this:  Once you get the tub configured the way you want it, you aren't going to change out the jet packs.  So although it is a neat selling point, I probably wouldn't use it.  So long as you find a hot tub configured the way you like it, no need to change things up.

Cyn

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 07:02:08 pm »
Not necessarily true.  You find that you need something different because of a sports injury, normal injury or just plain aging gives you a different set of aches and pains. And most of us hope to own the tub for years.  

NROBY

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 08:15:14 pm »
Just curious, how many Bullfrog owners buy extra jet packs and actually switch them out?  This is a neat feature, I'm just wondering how owners actually use it.
I just ordered a Bullfrog Spa and negotiated with the dealer to include an extra JetPak.  I did this for two reasons; to have an even wider range of jet therapy and to have a spare JetPak should there ever be a problem with one of the Jetpaks since I reside 100 miles from the dealer.  Hopefully it will be for the reason of enhanced jet therapy options!

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 08:44:42 pm »
Vangaurd

Anyone else have some favorite Jet Paks they'd like to give props to?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:40 am »
I've never met anyone that had a BF over 3 years old....

They seem to be mostly concept, pay for engineering not concept.

I think that over a 5-year period you will see more issues with that system than something that is less modular.

IMO, the concept of customizing the jet pack is more for the purchase and buying process then long term use.

For those that have had their BF for around a year I would be interested in seeing the back of your jet packs around the fittings to see if you've built up any mold, algae or other debris. That potential certainly exists and I would love to test it out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42