What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Low temp record  (Read 2730 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Low temp record
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:49:27 am »
I actually soaked at 99 degrees last night.  That is the coolest I've ever kept my tub. Even on the hottet days we have nice soaks late in the evening at 101-102.   But this week its been hot with oppressive humidity.  Last night it was still above 80 with 75% humidity at 10pm. I lowered the tub to 98 and left the cover open for an hour before we got it. It was down to 99, my coldest soak in the tub ever.  After running the jets it was back to 101.  No end to the heatwave in site.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Low temp record
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:49:27 am »

104 degrees

Re: Low temp record
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:22:55 pm »
I actually soaked at 99 degrees last night.  That is the coolest I've ever kept my tub. Even on the hottet days we have nice soaks late in the evening at 101-102.   But this week its been hot with oppressive humidity.  Last night it was still above 80 with 75% humidity at 10pm. I lowered the tub to 98 and left the cover open for an hour before we got it. It was down to 99, my coldest soak in the tub ever.  After running the jets it was back to 101.  No end to the heatwave in site.

Ice and lots of it!! your better then i am.

104 Degrees

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 03:08:23 pm »
Are we ever gonna see a break from this heat? >:(
It's been so hot here lately that I can't remember that last time my a/c shut off. :-/  
I know it's August but seriously I can't remember a streak like this in a long time, maybe ever?
Anybody else miss those clear, freezing nights gazing up at the stars with all that steam rising onto your face as much as me? Ahhhh...............

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:02:50 pm »
Are we ever gonna see a break from this heat? >:(
It's been so hot here lately that I can't remember that last time my a/c shut off. :-/  
I know it's August but seriously I can't remember a streak like this in a long time, maybe ever?
Anybody else miss those clear, freezing nights gazing up at the stars with all that steam rising onto your face as much as me? Ahhhh...............

We just got a break this morning.  It was 69 when I woke up, but got hot fast.  I have the tub set at 96, but it has trouble dropping below 100 with the heat we've had over the past several weeks.  Summertime in the City!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:03:49 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 08:17:35 pm »
Went tubbing last night and it was actually chilly here in NJ. A slight breeze and it was cold. My youngest was going to jump into the pool but got 1/2 way there and came running back.

All summer long the tub has been at 98-99 but for last night I bumped it up to 100 and it felt good. My wife doesn't like it past 100 and when I use it under 100 it seems too cool for long term soaking.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »

Cooler weather is just great.  Now if we could only get the weather to cooperate and at least cool off at night for soaking.  Went in the past 2 nights and it felt just heavenly.  I didn't think I'd miss not going in for a few months because of the heat, but I really did.  It gets addicting.  We live in northeast Pa.  and it has been so hot for so long that I noticed that the heater did not go on for days, it just stayed hot. And the tub in not even in the sun, it's on the patio with a roof over top.  I have it set at 98 for now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42